Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #21
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Trailer Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield View Post
Ed try classic car insurance. Clearly you have a awaiting restoration car..you just haven't gotten around to it yet....granted no insurance on the racetrack, and its supposed to be in a locked garage(if its not), but the thrill of putting your race car around your block with plates, insurance, and a sticker, and leaving the track in your race car and going to mcdonalds, can be a reality but only if you have a car that can be registered(ie has a title), Min value they will underwrite is 5K. You are covered while towing of course(races are just car shows with money)

Just to be safe, I also have race car insurance so if anything happens while the car is parked overnight, in the pits, etc, good to go.

PM me if you want specifics.

Eric
Eric,NJ has clamped down somewhat on guys registering cars as classics.My wifes cousin has a raggy 1984 Ford and wanted to register it.They want pics,they never used to.You're only allowed to use the car between Fri and Sun also I believe.And if I put in a claim how do I explain all the decals on the car?I am at the point in life I don't need any complications.I have insur. on my truck and trailer and a title to prove ownership of the car. That's good enough for me.Thanks for the info though..
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #22
RPinoski1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My friend insured his supergasser for a value of $45,000 for around $1200.00 a year. I'm not sure of the deductable. Price varries with different deductables.

Must be paid in full. They take credit cards.
Very good people to work with.
RPinoski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #23
Lou SG2340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gulfway Insurers is who I use. Race Car ,Trailer & contents $1200.00 800 940 5010

They are in Bayonet Point Fl & policy is under written by Travelers Been with them since 97

Last edited by Lou SG2340; 11-22-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Lou SG2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #24
Rollins_2241

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use Gulfway (Mel Eaves, of Pro Mod fame) as well. About $600 for $30K of car/trailer coverage for me, underwritten by Travelers.
Rollins_2241 is offline   Reply With Quote