HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #21
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
We asked for diapers on all cars...

we asked for the scotty rule to be removed...so the super street guys can run 2 classes
Rock
Two BAD ideas.......
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #22
joe176

Liked 41 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
Got your back on this one Tom.. a discussion a few weeks before the conference would have been great.. In my opinion, should I be asked, is that Super Street is an entry level class.. once a racer leaves Super Street to race another class, that racer can not return to Super Street.. the .90's classes indexes could be bumped up a second as most competitor's can run at least a second faster than the class they are in right now.. but a poll is in order.. there should not be any back to back races within your division.. if you choose to go out of division and it happens to fall back to back, then it's on you..

It would also be nice to have a couple of safety issues discussed.. such as racing after the dew comes in at certain tracks, if not all tracks.. and doing away with night racing.. this weekend's lighting situation at Cecil County could have been disasterous.. the return road was illuminated better than the track.. we were all pretty lucky.. I know I was..

Maybe in the future, the top 10 in each .90 class could be contacted for their opinions on issues to be discussed.. or each class pick a rep to talk to John.. just my 2 cents..
Charlie..you are 100% on the Cecil situation....It was dark...I had trouble seeing if I was in the center of the groove for round 2...even with spotlights on the tree...it was tough out there...and yes the return road was lit very well...but the track was dim.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #23
billy leber

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

when racing two cars , why does one have to pay the insurance twice? there is only one of me.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #24
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy leber View Post
when racing two cars , why does one have to pay the insurance twice? there is only one of me.
Because no one ever challenges them on it,and many other issues.We're basicly like lemmings going over a cliff.
That would be a good question for the SRAC to ask.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #25
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe176 View Post
Charlie..you are 100% on the Cecil situation....It was dark...I had trouble seeing if I was in the center of the groove for round 2...even with spotlights on the tree...it was tough out there...and yes the return road was lit very well...but the track was dim.
I had to race a black car round 2.Went out by .002and cleared him by about .042.In the end if I did a better job I'd be going back Sat. morning.
Sometimes we have to do the best with what we're dealt.
Someone complained about having to come back on Sat.I'm pretty critical of NHRA but
sometimes even I realise that no matter what they do they just can't win.
As far as the lights at Cecil,I've been going there for a long time and I've raced there at night.I just try to do the best I can,after all the lighting is the same for everybody.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #26
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts
Talking Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Coming to an NHRA track near you real soon:

Ed, on your limited income, should you be wasting your Depends on frivolous sight gags?!!! Just Kidding.........Tom
Old 08-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #27
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

I think that diaper is on backwards....and I'm smellin something....better check it!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #28
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
Ed, on your limited income, should you be wasting your Depends on frivolous sight gags?!!! Just Kidding.........Tom
Those are house brand Tom.Cheaper by the dozen.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 08-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #29
nshivgator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

We need to address the night racing at some tracks with high dew points and low ( very little) lights! I didn't complained only because I went red in the second round 001. I tried to go down Cecil track for information to put into my computerr. That was a big mistake I was side ways in the right lane around the 600ft where the engine starts to make peak HP! Super Comp and Super Gas racing has a lot of high MPH and big Hp engines as of late and someone will get hurt trying to complete another round of racing because the chance of rain the next day!
nshivgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #30
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshivgator View Post
We need to address the night racing at some tracks with high dew points and low ( very little) lights! I didn't complained only because I went red in the second round 001. I tried to go down Cecil track for information to put into my computerr. That was a big mistake I was side ways in the right lane around the 600ft where the engine starts to make peak HP! Super Comp and Super Gas racing has a lot of high MPH and big Hp engines as of late and someone will get hurt trying to complete another round of racing because the chance of rain the next day!
Good point Nat. ...I did'nt have problems with the track, altho I know a lot of others did., and not only Super classes, a lot of SS cars had problems too. ........My problem is a track like Cecil ,where the return road had way more lighting than the track. ......I was told by an Alcohol racer that Manzo flat out told Bob Lang that the Alcohol FC's would not race under the lights at Cecil. ......But it was good enough for us!.........Tom