HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #21
chester

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

if your not racing div. or nationals you are not a super class racer, if you don't want to follow the safety rules you are not a racer, if you don't like super class fast racing don't do it. butplease don't f it up for the rest of us. i like it the way it is and i like 9.90 @ 166 or bracket racing @ 7.79, 173. just my opinion, but when i raced 10.90 back in 1990 i went 150mph. and it was fun too.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #22
sc3912

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester View Post
if your not racing div. or nationals you are not a super class racer, .
I cant agree with that. There are many racers who race in our association, who can consistently put up .00 lights and .90's but choose not to run the divisionals or nationals, and I consider them very tough racers.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #23
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester View Post
if your not racing div. or nationals you are not a super class racer, if you don't want to follow the safety rules you are not a racer, if you don't like super class fast racing don't do it. butplease don't f it up for the rest of us. i like it the way it is and i like 9.90 @ 166 or bracket racing @ 7.79, 173. just my opinion, but when i raced 10.90 back in 1990 i went 150mph. and it was fun too.
I have and do race at some div and nationals and I follow all of the safety rules and I can appreciate that you "Like it the way it is" but if the only perspective you consider is your own ,your not considering "the Big Picture" Perhaps you have the means to afford to go fast, fine why not go race with the fast guys in Top Sportsman (or Top Dragster) more power to ya Previously these classes didn't exist. and I'm sure you have fun, but you also know that, thanks to you trusty throttle stop and timer, you have an advantage over the 133-135 mph guys. So naturally you wouldn't want to change a thing. ":hell works for me?" I understand your point, but I wonder if you considered mine?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
JMatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's wrong with just making the Super classes into no electronics classes?

And what's wrong with taking a full second off each class? Only people that would leave out is 10.90 cars that can't already go 9.90. Not sure how many people that would affect.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The thing that I disagree with the most with some of those that want to fix the .90 classes are the ideas that the indexes need to be lowered. If that is done then it would only be a matter of time before technology catches back up and you have the same high MPH cars that you have now. Some have also said that lowering the indexes will cause the casual spectators to become more interested. How will that happen? The game is still the same, only the numbers on the boards have changed. I guess I am looking out for my own interest because my car in the best weather conditions is a 10.50, maybe 10.40 car. The car and set-up that I use is to take advantage of the S/ST rule that allows me to run with an 8 pt. roll bar, no chassis certification required and I am able to wear the single layer jacket and pants. If the indexes are lowered I would no longer be able to run the class.

I would not have a problem with doing away with throttle stops and even delay boxes in the class and going back to the old ways of doing things, like it was before I started running the class. My throttle stop and delay box are not the latest and greatest items, but both were purchased used from other racers, so I would not be loosing much as far as investment goes.

Hey Dan Moore. you're #1.

RIP Mark Graham

Last edited by Joe Pinkston; 08-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #26
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

If you go to a race thinking everyone has an advantage over you then you have already lost.If timers and ts go away ,you'll still find a excuse. Next you'll want to get rid of the pro tree cause you don't have a good enough trans, or maybe we all should run the same tire.
Just trying to consider your needs.On and on it go's
Maybe Edwards should supply all the pro stock motors so the others won't have to spend money for their own engine program , then it would be fair.Or maybe...
Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #27
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not in favor of lowering the index(s) that just add cost Nor do I think we need to change the tree (if they made it quicker that would add cost too) as would doing away with all electronics.
I'm just trying to level the playing field and make it less expensive to race.

Last edited by Bill Baer; 08-20-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #28
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Red face Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

Bill, I too would not favor a index change. fine right where it's at..

As for electonics..........so we do away with the timer. Problem solved ??? only the mph.

but for the expense,,,, tow fuel price doesn't change, entries/crew expense don't change, price of parts/maintaince doesn't change, racing fuel same thing. nothing changes but mph.

just my 2
Old 08-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #29
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
Bill, I too would not favor a index change. fine right where it's at..

As for electonics..........so we do away with the timer. Problem solved ??? only the mph.

but for the expense,,,, tow fuel price doesn't change, entries/crew expense don't change, price of parts/maintaince doesn't change, racing fuel same thing. nothing changes but mph.

just my 2
Well I don't see how we can affect change to the other expenses they are always going to be there and entry fees and payout won't change as the NHRA is a business and needes to make a profit to stay in business.

but using $5000-$6000 motors makes more sense to me than $25000-30000 Motors especially if your racing for a $1200 purse.

Last edited by Bill Baer; 08-20-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #30
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

Your still not getting it. YOU can win with what you have. There are lots of racers who don't have big mph. It happens every weekend.Don't try to change the whole structure because you THINK you can't compete. That motor doesn't win races.
Closed Thread