HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 06-15-2018, 07:46 AM   #31
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Hoosier Slicks & front tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
And, I have not experienced that. I don't know anybody I race with seeing that. Hardly ever see an automatic car on bias tires anymore. Likely just your car. Might need to go see DeWayne Custer.

Nowhere in my comment about the downside of radials (that they either dead hook or spin) did I say or even imply that MY CAR spins the tires. Read the post again and you'll see that. I made a general observation, based on numerous comments made by other racers, over the years. I have encountered radial wobble and learned that it does seem to vary somewhat by track, is related to track prep (to a degree), can be lessened or worsened with Phoenix tires and is definitely related to chassis set-up. In my case, I was able to tune most of it out by properly baslining the chassis adjustments and then gradually tightening the rear shock settings. Bigley, I don't CARE what your car does, how quick/fast it is or how long you've been running radials. If you can't be civil and offer helpful opinions and experiences, for Christ's sake, stop posting. Industry people who know you are aware of the fact that you have a wealth of knowledge and that most of what you state is accurate, so why don't you offer that knowledge in a helpful way? Ed, thanks for the suggestion; I know your heart's in the right place. Later.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #32
nhramnl

Almost forgot... Bigley made these comments in the past, on this very website, about radial wobble. The topic is situations where it is probably unwise to use radials.
9. if your track's starting line is marginal at best, Again, radial slicks are not for you. Unlike bias slicks that will spin a couple of hundreds on a bad starting line, radials slicks spins TENTHS and don't recover.
11. radial slicks also have a history of doing something known as "radial wobble" where your car will rock side to side right after launching and it only gets worse as you continue down track to the point where you may have to lift. The reason for is touching down out of square meaning one tire hits the ground before the other after launching wheels up. Marginal track conditions will contribute as well and my experience is that it happens usually in the early and late season on cold tracks.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #33
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 398 Times in 189 Posts

Bigley is also stating on this very website that if you're junk don't work on radials, you need help. specially someone that knows how to set up a chassis/suspension/shocks as is obvious you do as it's for sale

Again, I've had radial wobble ONCE almost 8 years ago and it was due to a cold track. Further, I never spin!!

Talk about what you know, not what you think you know!!

Last edited by 1320racer; 06-15-2018 at 11:38 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #34
nhramnl

You're hopeless. Bye, Ed!
Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #35
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 398 Times in 189 Posts