HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts
Default Questions about living in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area

I'm doing the research on having my job transferred down to Texas on account of the headache that New Jersey has become between taxes, congestion, and the overall stupidity I have to deal with on a daily basis. That and my father / step-mom are retiring to Louisiana near the end of the year and they expressed that it would be nice to have me a car ride away as opposed to two flights away.

If I made the transfer I'd be based in the DFW area, and need to be living within an hour of either respective downtown. Since all of the suburbs of DFW have housing within my price range my question is.....what towns should I be focusing on or avoiding in that immediate area?

I see there are 3 tracks surrounding the area (Ennis, Denton, and Kennedale). Good places? Problems not apparent from just looking at a map (i.e. big sewage plant or garbage dump in the vicinity)

Ultimately wherever I wind up if I go down there, storage of my truck and trailer is a high priority. (Don't care about good schools. No kids, don't plan on any). I want to make sure I wind up in a town where they don't have strict ordinances about what you can park on your own property. Also, being able to quickly hop on a highway that brings me to all those racetracks factors into this too.

So what are the "racer friendly" towns in that area?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts
Default Re: Questions about living in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area

Kennedale seems to be a race friendly town. It looks like everyone races ,either a dirt or drag car. Might drop Jeff Hefler a line. He lives over there, somewhere.