HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts
Default Re: Domestic Automobiles

As much as I love the old iron today's Global Economy and hodgepodge of manufacturers doing elements of design and operations around the globe makes "domestic" a relative term. Know that everyone already knows this, just thought it needed to be stated.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
As much as I love the old iron today's Global Economy and hodgepodge of manufacturers doing elements of design and operations around the globe makes "domestic" a relative term. Know that everyone already knows this, just thought it needed to be stated.
I think we all get that part Jim. Heck, I have a huge, and I mean huge Honda plant an hour from here(Ohio). But one will never set in my driveway. Wife is forbidden also, but she would not want one anyway. Some of us are just so hard headed that if it doesn't say ,Ford GM or Mopar on it, we will not have any part of it. Once in a while the big three tries to slide one in on us by building elsewhere and badging it as a domestic, but I'm not falling for that either. I started this thread just wondering how many people think like us old diehards...I'm guessing not very many.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
Monte Howard

Liked 48 Times in 14 Posts

I have owned nothing but GM products, 1 exeption the motorhome I purchased last year has a 460 ford in it. Couldn't pass up the deal. I will NEVER own a foreign car. I use to be a hard core GM guy, but with all the foreign cars running around I am just happy to see people driving anything from the big 3.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

Watch the video

http://www.marketmenot.com/dodge-cha...er-commercial/
Old 12-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
Run to Rund

Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts

Nice billboards. I have owned only domestic, Olds, Mopar, one Chevy, one Ford.
Run to Rund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I made the mistake of buying a new Datsun Lil Hustler pickup in 1973. Only kept it about 6months. Couldn't live with myself. Never again.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #17
Mark Ugrich

Liked 57 Times in 32 Posts

It amazes me how Europe and Japan have completely screwed up the automotive industry.Every car has four doors and looks just like the one next to it.Detroit has shot itself in the foot at times also.What kind of idiot would drop Pontiac and replace it with Saab?
Mark Ugrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ugrich View Post
It amazes me how Europe and Japan have completely screwed up the automotive industry.Every car has four doors and looks just like the one next to it.Detroit has shot itself in the foot at times also.What kind of idiot would drop Pontiac and replace it with Saab?
How about that Aztec? That could do it.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Mark Ugrich

Liked 57 Times in 32 Posts

2014 Saab SUV prototype.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	58518696_b6ea200d18_z.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	22328  
Mark Ugrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #20
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: Domestic Automobiles

I agree with all of you anti-import guys, which is why I stated on the Stock/Super Stock thread (2-3 months ago in a thread about Toyota being the Official Car of the NHRA), that I wish someone who loves those import branded vehicles would build one for Stock Eliminator. Heck I wish the guys who treated them like they were God's give to the American roads from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Consumer Reports, and even Automobile magazines, would do it. None of them yet has done it, and I was hoping I would've had to race it in the first round of my recent LODRS D7 race here in Phoenix (two months ago)...I'm still waiting, and so is my Cavalier! In January 2012, I took my Chevy Z24 to Tucson to race against the imports, and beat every one that lined up next to me (heck I remember someone actually trying to avoid racing me by trying to squeeze in front of the racer ahead of him to avoid my Chevy...he had to race me anyway, and lost because his import wasn't equal to my American fwd car. Last October I went back to SIR in Tucson and helped turn an import dominated field into an all American final round between my Z24, and a Chevy HHR. I digress that I lost to the guy (that's what sleeping too much on the line or taking your opponent for granted will do to you), but it gave me great joy that I accomplished what I went there for....to beat up on imports with my Janesville, Ws., UAW built Chevrolet Cavalier Z24!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote