HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 04-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #21
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Domestic Automobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
I agree with all of you anti-import guys, which is why I stated on the Stock/Super Stock thread (2-3 months ago in a thread about Toyota being the Official Car of the NHRA), that I wish someone who loves those import branded vehicles would build one for Stock Eliminator. Heck I wish the guys who treated them like they were God's give to the American roads from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Consumer Reports, and even Automobile magazines, would do it. None of them yet has done it, and I was hoping I would've had to race it in the first round of my recent LODRS D7 race here in Phoenix (two months ago)...I'm still waiting, and so is my Cavalier! In January 2012, I took my Chevy Z24 to Tucson to race against the imports, and beat every one that lined up next to me (heck I remember someone actually trying to avoid racing me by trying to squeeze in front of the racer ahead of him to avoid my Chevy...he had to race me anyway, and lost because his import wasn't equal to my American fwd car. Last October I went back to SIR in Tucson and helped turn an import dominated field into an all American final round between my Z24, and a Chevy HHR. I digress that I lost to the guy (that's what sleeping too much on the line or taking your opponent for granted will do to you), but it gave me great joy that I accomplished what I went there for....to beat up on imports with my Janesville, Ws., UAW built Chevrolet Cavalier Z24!!!!
Where's that LIKE button?
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #22
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
I agree with all of you anti-import guys, which is why I stated on the Stock/Super Stock thread (2-3 months ago in a thread about Toyota being the Official Car of the NHRA), that I wish someone who loves those import branded vehicles would build one for Stock Eliminator. Heck I wish the guys who treated them like they were God's give to the American roads from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Consumer Reports, and even Automobile magazines, would do it. None of them yet has done it, and I was hoping I would've had to race it in the first round of my recent LODRS D7 race here in Phoenix (two months ago)...I'm still waiting, and so is my Cavalier! In January 2012, I took my Chevy Z24 to Tucson to race against the imports, and beat every one that lined up next to me (heck I remember someone actually trying to avoid racing me by trying to squeeze in front of the racer ahead of him to avoid my Chevy...he had to race me anyway, and lost because his import wasn't equal to my American fwd car. Last October I went back to SIR in Tucson and helped turn an import dominated field into an all American final round between my Z24, and a Chevy HHR. I digress that I lost to the guy (that's what sleeping too much on the line or taking your opponent for granted will do to you), but it gave me great joy that I accomplished what I went there for....to beat up on imports with my Janesville, Ws., UAW built Chevrolet Cavalier Z24!!!!
motor trend has no credibility after naming a Renault alliance car of the year...

btw, big 3 ?!?!?
hmph!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #23
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
motor trend has no credibility after naming a Renault alliance car of the year...

btw, big 3 ?!?!?
hmph!
My wife, before I married her, bought one of those Renault Alliance's. Bought it brand new. Somewhere around 1980. Honest, you had to downshift it to 3rd gear, AND turn the air conditioning off, to maintain your speed going up any kind of hill. But all they bragged about was it getting 40 plus miles per gallon.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #24
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Gary, Glad to see you back on the boards. I have had American all my life but I can't break the habit of buying BMWs for the family car. I am on about 5 or 6 throughout the years. Bought a new crew cab Silverado and couldn't be more happy with it, does everything I need it to do. Looking to go diesel on an X3 BMW next year.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #25
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Smile Re: Domestic Automobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Gary, Glad to see you back on the boards. I have had American all my life but I can't break the habit of buying BMWs for the family car. I am on about 5 or 6 throughout the years. Bought a new crew cab Silverado and couldn't be more happy with it, does everything I need it to do. Looking to go diesel on an X3 BMW next year.
I don't know about that situation Eddie, what with Cadillac CTS's, ATS's , the new Impala's & Malibu's....I had the pleasure of renting the new Malibu (I drove it from Phoenix to Denver, with only one stop to refuel, and enjoyed an avg of 31mpg to boot, each way)! Driving back and taking the curvy hwy 89A to Sedona from Flagstaff, was so much fun as the Malibu showed how great a road handler it was too! Oh and in the prior two years, I had the pleasure of renting two different Chrysler 200's, and although they were smaller than the Malibu, they were great driving, efficient (although not rated as well as the Malibu), and definitely underrated luxury sports sedans. I have always felt that if you show me a good import, I'll show you an American branded vehicle I feel is at least the equal of any comparable import brand (I forgot to include the Buick Regal as well).

Least I forget my Chevy Colorado truck and with only 5cyl's, still manages to tow my Z24, and an 18ft car hauler anywhere I want to go (4200lbs approximate towing weight). However when I see a Toyota Tacoma or a Nissan Frontier with a trailer behind them, it's nearly always a single axle type! Toyota is back at the drawing board now, because the Colorado truck is coming back in the 2015 model year with meaner looks, and a 300hp V6 that someday may pry my hands from my 220hp 2004 Colorado (that currently has 166,000 miles on it)!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 04-14-2014 at 11:52 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote