HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
Dragtime Dodge

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Final thoughts about Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

Some Final Thoughts About Old Bridge Township Raceway Park.. Just my feelings; not saying everyone should or will feel the same.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
Casey Miles

Liked 444 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: Final thoughts about Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

The closing reminds me of Chevy Chase in Christmas vacation movie when he opens the letter of his bonus. I wish I could remember all the expletives that Chevy Chase said, I'd repeat them. That's the way I feel about it, I can only hope that the Englishtown residents demands that they reconsider do to the lack of tax revenue from all the money that flows around when racers are in the community.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:28 AM   #3
Darrel Goheen

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
The closing reminds me of Chevy Chase in Christmas vacation movie when he opens the letter of his bonus. I wish I could remember all the expletives that Chevy Chase said, I'd repeat them.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey ****
Darrel Goheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 AM   #4
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 246 Times in 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey ****

have you met my ex?
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
And how many times did you have to pause and/or back it up to get it correct! HA!
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I was 16 in 1974, and along with 3 other teens, we left Conn. to camp out and watch the Summernationals. It was our first National Event. We made a banner for the back of our camper trailer, which read " Summernationals or Bust". A National Dragster photographer saw us, had us pose with it, and we made it to the back of the 1975 Summernationals program. I was in the stands for Jungle Jim`s power wheelie, Don Garlits` flip over and drive back towards the starting line, which is still hard to believe, and a few fatalities as well. One of our group had never missed attending, even if it was just one day. It seemed that all of the pro records were set and reset there. It brought out the best in all its competitors. I was fortunate to win Class (O/SA) in 2013. I am admittedly biased, but short of Indy, It was the greatest NHRA event on the schedule. Farewell.
Mike A114

Last edited by Mike Jones; 01-23-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
Pete Lanciers

Liked 562 Times in 145 Posts
Angry Re: Final thoughts about Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

Ran my first 1/4 mile pass there in 1969... Was there for the very first of many Summernationals and made countless great memories there before the NAVY uprooted me and transplanted me on the west coast. I had hoped to "GO HOME" and compete in the Summernationals someday, now that I have returned to competition after all these years...

Sad Sad event, lots of golden era history there, I remember well the Napp brothers struggles to make Raceway Park the storied venue it became. Richie & Vinnie are spinning in their graves and cussin' loudly for sure...
Pete Lanciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
SS/1230

Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
The closing reminds me of Chevy Chase in Christmas vacation movie when he opens the letter of his bonus. I wish I could remember all the expletives that Chevy Chase said, I'd repeat them. That's the way I feel about it, I can only hope that the Englishtown residents demands that they reconsider do to the lack of tax revenue from all the money that flows around when racers are in the community.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?"

-Clark Griswold

James Fontana
SS/1230
STK/1230
SS/1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #9
richie 2

Liked 147 Times in 67 Posts

raceway park was a long haul for us. the other lads story about the '77 riot cops and burt down ****ters in the camp grounds r true. later on I got to know a bunch of heavy hitters in S/SS there. we did run there twice ( fastest we ever ran) and attended about six summernationals. just thinking the stories my heros JJ, grumpy & the one gunn could tell ya, bob berserco too...gonna miss e town for sure....little did we know that the 2017 events would be the last.

Last edited by richie 2; 01-23-2018 at 11:52 AM.
richie 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #10
richie 2

Liked 147 Times in 67 Posts

raceway park was a long haul for us.

Last edited by richie 2; 01-23-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: mistake, posted twice. #1 is correct, sorry
richie 2 is online now   Reply With Quote