HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2024, 05:23 PM   #11
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 411 Times in 198 Posts
Default Re: New Grade Point System

Ken, I'm chill, just expressing my opinion, my view like everyone else, I just speak the truth and the facts. Oh and I don't drink coffee but I do drink Tea, Hot Lipton 3 large cups a day.
1320racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-06-2024, 05:36 PM   #12
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

IMHO, it's an easy fix. No quota's. Anyone that want's to enter can, starting from grade 8 down. NHRA makes all the $$$ and then qualify 70, 80, 90, 100 whatever NHRA feels they need at that race with time and space. Then the AHFS will work quicker and it makes the classes more performance based like they used to be. Too bad it will never happen.

Bret Velde
2003 I/SA
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 06:31 PM   #13
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,741 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
Monday deadline has not changed so they will have the same amount of time as always. I do not see any difference.
Right now, months before the race they know that they have 70 registered and possibly 5-10 more that will enter at the last minute. Imagine if that 5-10 became 30. Multiply that by the number of classes and they will have parking/ scheduling issues.

I think that the NHRA machine takes a lot more planning than most think.
Old 01-06-2024, 10:27 PM   #14
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 854 Times in 194 Posts

An upgrade to the system is needed. That way they can write into the program that any racer with a guaranteed entry would not count against the quotas. That would be a good place to start.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 11:43 AM   #15
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,502 Times in 428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Right now, months before the race they know that they have 70 registered and possibly 5-10 more that will enter at the last minute. Imagine if that 5-10 became 30. Multiply that by the number of classes and they will have parking/ scheduling issues.

I think that the NHRA machine takes a lot more planning than most think.
How have we done it at Divisionals all this time?
Old 01-07-2024, 11:46 AM   #16
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,502 Times in 428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
IMHO, it's an easy fix. No quota's. Anyone that want's to enter can, starting from grade 8 down. NHRA makes all the $$$ and then qualify 70, 80, 90, 100 whatever NHRA feels they need at that race with time and space. Then the AHFS will work quicker and it makes the classes more performance based like they used to be. Too bad it will never happen.

Bret Velde
2003 I/SA
If you have no quota then there is no need for a grade point system at all. This leads to less participation at divisionals and opens will be even more pointless than they already are.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:57 AM   #17
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts

NHRA's gross income has dropped by over 20% in the last decade. Their net income has surged and now at all time high's for profit. With the old adage that "LESS IS MORE" I believe NHRA will continue on its current business model path. It has put in place individuals that are numbers people that have never raced, not racing people who know numbers. Its somewhat comedic, since everywhere I look in the pits, PRO and especially sportsman, all I see are racers who know #'s lol. Although I do not agree with how they operate overall, I also do not foresee any divine intervention to increase payouts, increase quota's, increase manufacturer participation in the contingency program/manufacturers midway and/or create a better experience for sportsman racers. IF anyone was to question them and how they operate, they would simply point to their income statement. Wally ran it(NHRA) to zero and in some years even a negative. He believed in creating and experience for both the fan and the racer...those days are gone. IMHO

Just be happy they haven't figured out a way to stay in the black without us! LOL

NOTE: Someone here suggested to apply the next time an opening for a corporate position becomes available. To that, my opinion would be that anyone who poses a threat to the current hordes way of life, compensation or mindset would be dismissed as a viable candidate rather quickly.

Last edited by SS/GSI; 01-07-2024 at 12:05 PM.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 11:57 AM   #18
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts

I think the big problem is, the Pit areas were not designed for everyone to drag in a 2 bedroom house with a 3 car garage.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 02:19 PM   #19
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
If you have no quota then there is no need for a grade point system at all. This leads to less participation at divisionals and opens will be even more pointless than they already are.
I understand. Okay, have a quota at each race at least 80 and then qualify whatever NHRA thinks they need for that race. It would still work. You would have partcipation at divisionals and opens and NHRA could really get a true car count at each race, as far as how many racers want to race that event. It could be done.

Bret Velde
2003 I/SA
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 02:24 PM   #20
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

part of the problem as I see it is with the advent of Motorhomes and Stacker trailers you now have the equivalent of literally hundreds of Semi Trailer trucks attending every race. Now some guys still use 20=28 foot trailers and a suburban but MOST do not herein is where the problem begins---where to put everyone's 50-70 foot rig.

FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote