HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 11-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Veterans Day

If you want to thank a soldier, sailor, airman or Marine be the kind of American worth fighting for. To all Veterans, thank you for your patriotism to this great nation. Semper fi
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 644 Times in 205 Posts
Cool Re: Veterans Day

And thank you for your service to our country,too.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #3
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts
Default Re: Veterans Day

To all of those that signed a blank check, up to and including your life, for the freedom of the United States of America, Thank You

I am grateful for all of the free pancakes and free donuts. Companys' are trying to do the right thing for veterans. It is appreciated. For me, thank you but no thanks, I'll pay my own way. Some 50 years ago, instead of being spit at and called "baby killers"...And today, as a 70 year old combat veteran, with cancer because I was drafted to serve in and around agent orange, I am proud to have been a soldier, I did what my country wanted me to do...very simply a "thank you soldier and welcome home" would have done. I did not question it. If you disagree with me......then thank me for giving you the freedom to do so. If that is not enough, I am now 6'1" and 265 and a good shot,,,,,my Marine friend, Eddie, is larger than me.. No one will prosecute a combat soldier with PTSD and Cancer.

Our country will never again understand Patriotism the way it used to be.

Last edited by SStockDart; 11-12-2017 at 01:33 AM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
To all of those that signed a blank check, up to and including your life, for the freedom of the United States of America, Thank You

I am grateful for all of the free pancakes and free donuts. Companys' are trying to do the right thing for veterans. It is appreciated. For me, thank you but no thanks, I'll pay my own way. Some 50 years ago, instead of being spit at and called "baby killers"...And today, as a 70 year old combat veteran, with cancer because I was drafted to serve in and around agent orange, I am proud to have been a soldier, I did what my country wanted me to do...very simply a "thank you soldier and welcome home" would have done. I did not question it. If you disagree with me......then thank me for giving you the freedom to do so. If that is not enough, I am now 6'1" and 265 and a good shot,,,,,my Marine friend, Eddie, is larger than me.. No one will prosecute a combat soldier with PTSD and Cancer.

Our country will never again understand Patriotism the way it used to be.
Hey now, taller yes 6'4" but I only tip the scales a 232. And I still keep my skills current at the range. I think this country has a lot of guilt when it comes to the way it treated our Vietnam Vets and this over compensation is nice but as Gary mentioned a "thank you and welcome home" would have been the right thing to do. I would only pray that this country will consider giving our Vets what they promised them i.e. healthcare, transition, and the understanding of their sacrifice. Whether you were plunged into combat, stood guard in Korea or Europe, deployed on ship or flew over a hostile territory, you stepped up and put your *** on the line for this great nation. You took that oath and made the commitment to defend this nation and the people of it. And you are forever a patriot for doing so.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

Gary, there were a lot of us who received “lesser” welcomes ( I flew back home through SFO in 71) but vividly recall that touching this land trumped most of the bad I encountered. All vets are heroes in my book and those who’ve never served missed an honor that I will forever be thankful for. Still trying to process the war in some regards and suspect many of us feel likewise. Do; however, disagree in that I think there will always be those who are willing to answer the call if only because they will know of the sacrifices that have been paid forward by so many. History can be edited every which way but as long the great Memorials stand and they change the honor guard at Arlington everybody will know there’s a debt due.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Today we lost a WWII era Army Air Corp vet.
My old time neighbor was 92.
We took care of him n his wife before she passed n he eventually moved near a daughter.
This time of year I hear from many charities.i prefer to keep things local.
I will donate in his honor to my local VFW and the American Legion in my dads name.
God bless America and all of you veterans.
Chris
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris ok View Post
Today we lost a WWII era Army Air Corp vet.
My old time neighbor was 92.
We took care of him n his wife before she passed n he eventually moved near a daughter.
This time of year I hear from many charities.i prefer to keep things local.
I will donate in his honor to my local VFW and the American Legion in my dads name.
God bless America and all of you veterans.
Chris
Sorry for the loss of your neighbor, a sad parting of another member of the "Greatest Generation". Thank you for all you do, Chris.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #8
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

Was thinking that every day is one to honor veterans. Many display courage. Caring for aged parents, helping special needs children and even facing tough choices of right and wrong every day are examples. But think those who served and put their lives on the line deserve recognition far beyond what they receive. Here’s my offering of tribute for today, a little clip about Captain Ed Freeman....

jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #9
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 456 Times in 172 Posts

God Bless you Captain Freeman.