HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 04-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Have i created a monster

My buddy billy blanton bought a jr dragster and he wanted my boy to drive it,he has never sat in one before{hes 10 years old}.we took him to orlando friday night after a couple driveway blasts.i told him 1 time how to stage and he pre staged and bumped in like a pro,had a 113 light(not great but its a slow jr) and he's had good lights on his first few passes.we were told it ran 45-48 mph,but it ran 61 mph on the first hit..when he was little he always wanted one of those paper wrist bands that i got at divisionals so i would cut mine off and tape them back on him,well sunday he got his own at central florida racing complex along with a semi final medal,he wont let me take that dirty wristband off of him
scott fifield
SCOTT SST2871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
ItsyBitsySpider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have i created a monster

Awesome Scott, sounds like your son's a natural.
And racing monster's aren't so bad
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks shelley,i guess he can do alot worse than grow up to be like us
scott
Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

My Mom would tell anyone who asked she never had to worry about where Dad or I was. If he was not at work he was at home with her OR in the garage working on the car. Like my dad said there are alot worse habits than this!!! LOL. Good job Scott with your boy, I was the same way....Nothing wrong with that. have fun.

Robert
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Have i created a monster

Thanks robert
we took my 15 year old daughter to orlando sunday with the jr.(she has been begging us to let her drive)she was a little more nervous than my boy but after the first pass she had 3 lights between .040 and .072 .when we got home she posted on facebook that she found her first true love and that she now understands her dads dedication to this sport
thanks for the replies
scott fifield
Old 05-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Have i created a monster

Your a lucky man. Enjoy the kids while they are young.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
silent.echo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To answer the question you asked in the title: Yes, you have. As a former Jr. Dragster Racer, I'll tell you that there is no other experience like as a kid behind the wheel of your own car, you're independent, you're floating on cloud nine everytime you strap in. I've been racing for 15 years now. I'm 23 if that gives you an idea for when I first experienced and got addicted to alcohol-fueled adrenaline rushes. I haven't raced an alcohol entry since I was 17, though.

The seasons I raced when I was 16 and 17, I raced 2 entries: one in Jr/D and the other in High School, Street, the progressively up to Sportsman. I'm taking this season (and maybe next) off concentrating on building an entry for class racing. I race a Miata, and I recently found out that Stock and Super Stock are not an option as Mazda isn't even listed as any type of valid combo. I'm still waiting to find out if it would be OK in Comp Elim. If not, I'd have to settle for S/C, S/G, or S/ST - depending what I put in it.

I'm torn between stroking out the stock 1.8L to a 2.0 and turbocharging with 15-20lbs of boost, or dropping in an LSx-engine. Of course, I wouldn't even bother with it if I could talk my Mom out of her Grand National, but that won't happen anytime soon (if ever).

Didn't mean to hi-jack, but I think you get my point of what kind of a monster my parents created on that fateful day back in 1995. You have just spawned your own. Congratulations!
silent.echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply echo
we took austin to cfrc again yesterday and he runner up'ed in advanced jr class and lost a close final.let me tell you jim woods and his guys really run a good show they took pictures of the winners and runner ups the track surface was perfect and they made you feel like they wanted you there
scott fifield
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
silent.echo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You should take him to some of the big Jr. events in Reynolds, GA. That'll blow his mind. The track is awesome there. And Ed (the owner there) is a great guy and loves taking care of his racers.
silent.echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
SCOTT SST2871

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ive raced there many times myself,and you're right ed and his people are great.i didnt know he had a big jr race i'll look into that!! Thanks
scott fifield