HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #441
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Steve Polhill, on behalf of us few remaining fwd stocker racers, what you did this past weekend was nothing short of AWESOME!!!! Your worst rt was .035, and you went 5rnds in the big go too!!!! YOU ROCK MAN!!!!! Try as I might to become the first fwd racer since Mark Yacavonne to win Stock with a fwd car at a national event (and this century no less which would be a 1st), I think you're the one that's going to do it....keep it up bud!!!!

Moreover, not since Bill O'Connor back in the mid-90's has anyone won a divisional with a fwd car (and definitely not this century thus far), that's still out there too. If I can't be the one who does it, I sure hope you (or Stan Kopejtka), will be the one who does it! Or Bill as well if he gets his Omni going again???
I've been Sooo Close a few times. Been down to the final 8 cars at Indy twice and runner up at a Divisional twice. I won a National open once but that doesn't count. I just need that lucky round at Indy
Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #442
BBF67

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Excellent post Ken. I am glad to see that NHRA admits reading Class Racer Forum and takes some of what is written on this forum under consideration. We will never know if the thread dealing with the possibility of no teardown at Indy had any bearing on NHRA's decision to go ahead and have it after all. The main thing is NHRA did have a teardown and it seemed to go well for everyone. Racers and forum viewers came away with a feeling that NHRA is still concerned about the legality of the cars in Stock and S/S. Thank you NHRA for listening when it comes to Sportsman racers.
BBF67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #443
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

Liked 225 Times in 36 Posts

Ditto Ken on the well done post.

I'll second what Ken said about the NHRA readership of Class Racer. I had several meetings at Indy with NHRA management and Class Racer was mentioned by several of the key NHRA management members.

One more comment - I came away from the meetings with a high level of optimism for NHRA Sportsman racing. They are listening and actively working on ways to make our racing experience better. This may include changes to the ways things have always been done - but they are being done with a long term win-win objective in mind. The Indy racer parking was a great example that we all need to learn from.

It will never be the same as it was. The key is to keep the racing going and growing in the face of lots of external challenges that we all face every day in the real world.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #444
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

In light of the comments from Mike and Ken about NHRA following this site, I would be curious to hear opinions/thoughts on the detailed run schedule at national events.

It seems to be a common theme at most national events that I've attended where Round 1 will be in the morning, then due to various delays, Rounds 2, 3, and 4 will be pushed to after the pros which is often times at night. Then, you are rushed through with little cool down time because everyone is ready to go home for the day!

It seems like there could be a better way!

Personally, I would like to see Sportsman have set schedules in the morning like we typically do but then use Sunday Morning before Pro Eliminations as the make up time for any schedule delays.

I'd be curious to hear others opinion!
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #445
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
In light of the comments from Mike and Ken about NHRA following this site, I would be curious to hear opinions/thoughts on the detailed run schedule at national events.

It seems to be a common theme at most national events that I've attended where Round 1 will be in the morning, then due to various delays, Rounds 2, 3, and 4 will be pushed to after the pros which is often times at night. Then, you are rushed through with little cool down time because everyone is ready to go home for the day!

It seems like there could be a better way!

Personally, I would like to see Sportsman have set schedules in the morning like we typically do but then use Sunday Morning before Pro Eliminations as the make up time for any schedule delays.

I'd be curious to hear others opinion!
You just have to come to terms with the fact that we are the filler between the nitro cars. Our schedule is like the Cable company, Sometime between 8am and 5pm. We will always be the ones that get shuffled around.

Although I admit it would be nice to have a schedule that said more than "Stock 2 runs"
Old 09-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #446
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,342 Times in 408 Posts
Smile Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2017

Thanks for the excellent post Ken. It is good to know that the NHRA pays attention to what is being said on Class Racer, and it is even better to know that the future of Sportsman racing looks bright!