HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2015, 11:00 PM   #11
Chipper Chapman

Liked 142 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: 1997 Camaro SGT/A-B

We have actually aborted the camaro project and sold off the roller in favor a 71 chevelle that came my way at the right price. I don't fear the 8.5 like you guys seem to, the only issue with them compared to 12 bolt is no pro gear. Up here in the far east of canada the shipping costs alone of getting a 12 bolt housing to us puts them out of the budget for many people. We've put a lot of beatings on 8.5's with good luck, this is about the 12th f body one we've done with great results. Think about it, the 8.5 pinion is same size and spline as 12 bolt, the axles and spool don't know what housing holds them in regardless of make, and the main bearing caps are beefier due to a slightly smaller carrier bearing outside diameter. Thanks for the kind words about the welding.

We will be starting assembly of the chevelle soon so I will start a new post for it, using this same engine combo it will be a natural D/SA combo.
Chipper Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #12
tj310

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1997 Camaro SGT/A-B

Don't be afraid to post up more Camaro construction pictures if you still have them. thanks ---Trevor
tj310 is offline   Reply With Quote