HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Jim Skelly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Responses Are Being Received

I want to thank everyone for their responses on the Delay Box survey. I've received over 300 so far, 230 of which fit our "criteria" for official tally. But the others are being kept, read and forwarded as well. I'd love to respond to each one, but it's impossible, so please pass on this note to anyone who may not watch this forum.

Keep 'em coming. And no, I won't release any preliminary tallies.

Thanks!

Jim Skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
John Winslow Jr

Liked 274 Times in 62 Posts

Jim, thanks for giving us and opportunity to respond to what you are considering. I hope by the response activity you will see how we feel about the racing we do. Thanks John

GT/TA 7391
John Winslow Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
Garbarine Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jim Please give me a call. 732 241 7136
Thanks Joe Garbarine

Garbarine Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Neil Smedley

Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts

Jim.......Please tell me why in the HELL you would even consider this ????????????

Neil Smedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Jim.......Please tell me why in the HELL you would even consider this ????????????
neil while i am against having any more distractions to work on or tune up,not to mention spending countless hours learning how to drive with a trans brake coming from foot brake cars, not i or any one else who plays by the rule will win races all the time when there is a select few who are using delay devices in there cars! this has been going on for at least 10 years that i can count and NHRA cannot police it or for that matter find it in the cars/ people in question. i have driven bracket cars with delay unit and let me tell you double 00 lights all day! i am in no way happy about this and do not want it to come to pass. but what do we as racers do and how can nhra fix it? million dollar question! i sure wish it was 1989 again!!!!

jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Jarn05 What they are talking about can be found and can be policed. What they are talking about is the special adjustible switches. These are in plain view for any one to see.
Are there probably some out there with hidden things I am sure there are. But lets worry about the obvious first.

novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
Bill Koski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's outlaw two steps???
I'm sure when it happens it will be an across the board blanket ban! That sure will be nice for the stick cars!!!!!!!!
Why create the charade with the delay box question? How hard would it have been to simply mandate a spec button????

Later, Bill Koski
Bill Koski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #8
Wayne Taylor

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Jim,

My name is Wayne Taylor. I am a very active Div. 7 Super Stock racer. Competition #7772 - This year #75- last year #79. Current national record holder in GT/HA. I have proudly raced in Super Stock for the past 18 years. So I guess I can speak on this topic.

First, I have a problem with your choices. Yes, allow delay boxes. No, no delay boxes or buttons except the one NHRA chooses. How about, "Leave everything as it currently stands"? I don't want electronic delay boxes, in any way in our class. I like the things just the way they are. Currently I use the AX button. And I have every other approved button on the market in my trailer.

Where did this issue come from and how did it get to this point? I have been to every Div.7 race (LODRS and National) for the past 7 years and haven't heard this subject to be an issue.

What are the different manufacturers going to think about this? NHRA has blessed, while their "approval" , the buttons from BIonda, Mandella, Ax, Unruh...... Now they will be "disallowed" in Comp and SS. If I was a manufacturer of a new cutting edge product, any product, what value would "NHRA approved" have to me, if in 3 months some committee can change there mind. Why would I want to invest in tooling and development costs on a product that can be legal today and banned tomorrow?

Right now, I hesitate to cast my vote on your poll. I hope you revist your choices and consider my suggestion.

Wayne

Wayne Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #9
Bill Harris

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

It's been well over a month since this S/S delay box question was raised. When are we going to see the results?

Bill Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #10
Lambertcars

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT JUST REMOVING THE REACTION TIME FROM THE TIME SLIP AND THEN NO ONE WOULD KNOW WHAT THEIR OR THE OTHER DRIVERS LIGHT WAS AND THEN MAYBE ALL THIS BICKERING BACK AND FORTH WOULD COME TO AN END ???????

Allen Lambert
Lambertcars is offline   Reply With Quote