HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 228 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Remember "PRO GAS" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Carguy49, I don`t recall the Chevy 11 wagon owners last name, but the car had "Quick Nick" on the doors, and when Al Chinn first bought the car,he had the lettering changed to |"Quick Kick". Don`t know if you recall, but before that, abound 1980, Chinn raced a yellow first gen. Camaro sponsoered by Pepsi, called the "Pepsi Challange". Also around that time, the 10.90 class started, called "Jr.Gas", remember that? As a Ford guy, some of the Ford cars I followed were Gene Bergstroms 65 Falcon, Leroy Greys 67 Fairlane and later, 67 Falcon, Paul Neros "Fiddler 5" Falcon, Bill Rusbolts "Gladiator" Falcon and Pinto, the Hawthorne Bros Ranchero, Mustang, and Pinto (all sticks!) Don DeVitos stick Maverick, "Dr". John Bertoldis Falcon, Dave Bliss` flying SB ford stick Falcon and ex Pro Stock Pinto and T Bird, Darwin Glassers real 64 Galaxie 427 `lightweight`, and several others.

Danny, Jwayads Mercedes was red, and last time I saw it at SIR/Pacific, was with Steve Ellis driving it, 5 or 10 years ago. Steve even ran it in Super Shifter one weekend at Mission.
Rory... I'm shocked you forgot to mention Ken Heard's "Rip City" altered wheelbase Mustang fastback and the FE powered Vega Wagon with the Monza front end (Gary Erickson?). Dave Hamoline's Chevy II and Chris Martin's wheel standing and quarter buckling 468 GTO. Dave Bacelon's Camaro , Jim Hurlock's Nova (beautiful car). Jwayad and Henderson Anglia and it's destruction which led to the Mercedes construction.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:37 AM   #12
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: Remember "PRO GAS" ?

"Leroy Grey's '67 Fairlane and later '67 Falcon,, "Dr.John" Bertoldi's Falcon,, Dave Bliss' flying SB Ford stick Falcon". Rory,,, you had to do it,, you sent me back into my old box of bracket racers from days gone by,, these were at Seattle International Raceway.
Photo 1: Leroy's "Grey & Kimmel Fairlane along side the "Lindberg Affair" Camaro.
Photo 2: Leroy's Falcon on an early outing,, thats Leroy in front of the car.
Photo 3: Leroy making a shake down run later that evening.
Photo 4: John Bertoldi's Falcon with the flames and those gold Super Trick wheels.
Photo 5: Dave and Pat Bliss' "buzz it & dump it" Falcon.
Photo 6: Just for kicks Rory, I thought maybe you might know this '66 Nova(Acadian?), since it was sponsored by Kerrisdale Speed Centre.
Take care, Rory,, it was fun digging these out.
Danny Durham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0092.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	15474   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0093.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	15475   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0094.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	15476  

Name:	scan0095.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	15477   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0096.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	15478   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0097.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	15479  

Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #13
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 228 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
"Leroy Grey's '67 Fairlane and later '67 Falcon,, "Dr.John" Bertoldi's Falcon,, Dave Bliss' flying SB Ford stick Falcon". Rory,,, you had to do it,, you sent me back into my old box of bracket racers from days gone by,, these were at Seattle International Raceway.
Photo 1: Leroy's "Grey & Kimmel Fairlane along side the "Lindberg Affair" Camaro.
Photo 2: Leroy's Falcon on an early outing,, thats Leroy in front of the car.
Photo 3: Leroy making a shake down run later that evening.
Photo 4: John Bertoldi's Falcon with the flames and those gold Super Trick wheels.
Photo 5: Dave and Pat Bliss' "buzz it & dump it" Falcon.
Photo 6: Just for kicks Rory, I thought maybe you might know this '66 Nova(Acadian?), since it was sponsored by Kerrisdale Speed Centre.
Take care, Rory,, it was fun digging these out.
Danny Durham
Danny... Photo 6 I think was John Graham's before it was painted red. While you got the box of photos out, see if you have any from Super Chevy 1986-89 you might have one of a 1964 Chevy II Wagon with my name on it...Maurice.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

Danny, Maurice is correct, the silver Nova belonged to John Graham, who is the same guy who bought Dick Foxs 56 Chev. The Nova is still racing at Mission, and has been white for many years. And I am sure that you are aware that the blue tube chassis Falcon that runs at Bremerton, is the ex Dave Bliss, ex Don Devito car you posted from Seattle from the 80s.
Danny, do you have any shots of the old black `BarBEERian`67 Mustang coupe Stocker that used to run at Bremerton and SIR in the early 80s.the BIG DYNO S/S 63 or 64 Plymouth,a white and red S/S 67 Hemi Coronet, or any of the local Modified Compacts of the late 70s-early 80s, like the Hitchcock and Ball AA/MC turbo Pinto, Dave Wrens D/MC Plymouth Arrow, the Sonic Muffin VW Bug, or any of the LOuD Mazdas. Terry Hoards Samaurai Warrior RX4 was well known, but before the RX4, Hoard raced a R100, I also remember a silver R100, and a yellow RX2 from the Northwest.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #15
Terry Witzel

Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts

Norwalk had a 10.90 class in the 80's called Modified Gas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12913 009.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	15484  
Terry Witzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #16
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: Remember "PRO GAS" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAURICE BLENDHEIM View Post
Danny... Photo 6 I think was John Graham's before it was painted red. While you got the box of photos out, see if you have any from Super Chevy 1986-89 you might have one of a 1964 Chevy II Wagon with my name on it...Maurice.
Maurice,,, I went back and looked at my old Super Chevy photos and I'm sorry to say the only drag photos I shot then were the Pro Mods like when Rob Vandergriff and his '57 took on Charles Carpenter's '55 and all the cars of that era. I took a break from racing in '87 until '03,, so most of my involvment at those events was on the show car side of things, as I had a '55 of my own, that won some shows and grabbed a magazine shoot, one weekend, that was published in the June '93 issue of Popular Hot Rodding,,, not as cool as Tom Goldman's SS&DI deal,, but I'll have to take it,,LOL.
Danny Durham

Here I was 20 years and 50 pounds ago.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scan0098.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	15488  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #17
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Remember "PRO GAS" ?

Quote:
Danny, Maurice is correct, the silver Nova belonged to John Graham, who is the same guy who bought Dick Foxs 56 Chev. The Nova is still racing at Mission, and has been white for many years. And I am sure that you are aware that the blue tube chassis Falcon that runs at Bremerton, is the ex Dave Bliss, ex Don Devito car you posted from Seattle from the 80s.
Danny, do you have any shots of the old black `BarBEERian`67 Mustang coupe Stocker that used to run at Bremerton and SIR in the early 80s.the BIG DYNO S/S 63 or 64 Plymouth,a white and red S/S 67 Hemi Coronet, or any of the local Modified Compacts of the late 70s-early 80s, like the Hitchcock and Ball AA/MC turbo Pinto, Dave Wrens D/MC Plymouth Arrow, the Sonic Muffin VW Bug, or any of the LOuD Mazdas. Terry Hoards Samaurai Warrior RX4 was well known, but before the RX4, Hoard raced a R100, I also remember a silver R100, and a yellow RX2 from the Northwest.
Rory,, I remember all those cars you mentioned,, but I'll admit, I didn't know about Dave's Falcon becoming the blue tube framed car you're referring to. I haven't seen Dave for quite a while, but I run into Don DeVito occasionly,, I also remember his stick Maverick.
As far as the Modified/Compact cars go, I knew I had a shot of Jim Sibley's VW, photo 1, from S.I.R. in '73, but I actually found a piece of the "Sonic Muffin", photo 2, in a shot from Ontario Motor Speedway in '74,, and a shot of one of Terry Hoard's earlier cars in the burnout box, photo 3, at S.I.R., from I believe '76.
Since we were talking about Falcons earlier,, I found a more recent shot of one at Bremerton,,, perhaps you know this one, in photo 4. Take care.
Danny Durham.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scan0104.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	15489   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0100.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	15490   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0102.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	15491  

Name:	scan0103.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	15492  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 AM   #18
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Rory,, I remember all those cars you mentioned,, but I'll admit, I didn't know about Dave's Falcon becoming the blue tube framed car you're referring to. I haven't seen Dave for quite a while, but I run into Don DeVito occasionly,, I also remember his stick Maverick.
As far as the Modified/Compact cars go, I knew I had a shot of Jim Sibley's VW, photo 1, from S.I.R. in '73, but I actually found a piece of the "Sonic Muffin", photo 2, in a shot from Ontario Motor Speedway in '74,, and a shot of one of Terry Hoard's earlier cars in the burnout box, photo 3, at S.I.R., from I believe '76.
Since we were talking about Falcons earlier,, I found a more recent shot of one at Bremerton,,, perhaps you know this one, in photo 4. Take care.
Danny Durham.
Danny, not sure whos white Falcon that is, but it looks like hes chasing Jody Langs 69 Chevelle in the other lane.
Also in the 2nd photo, there is a rear section of Jim Waldos 67 Fairlane behind the motorcycle. I have a couple of shots of Waldos car wearing those same aluminum slotted wheels, from Mission in, I believe 1975. I think we need to compare our old photo albums wnen I come down to Bremerton this year. What do you think?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #19
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Remember "PRO GAS" ?

Quote:
Danny, not sure whos white Falcon that is, but it looks like hes chasing Jody Langs 69 Chevelle in the other lane.
Also in the 2nd photo, there is a rear section of Jim Waldos 67 Fairlane behind the motorcycle. I have a couple of shots of Waldos car wearing those same aluminum slotted wheels, from Mission in, I believe 1975. I think we need to compare our old photo albums wnen I come down to Bremerton this year. What do you think?
Yeah,,, I knew it was Waldo's Fairlane, heres another shot I took that weekend in Ontario, plus another shot, earlier in the year, at Bremerton, before the car was lettered.
The last photo, although I'm not sure, could possibly be Jim's white Superstock Fairlane, at Seattle, that was run before he turned to Stock Eliminator. If you know otherwise, please let me know. Yeah,, we can compare photos,, I've got a few of old Mission Raceway, on the edge of town, before the "unexpected break" took place.
Danny Durham
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scan0105.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	15495   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0106.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	15496   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0107.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	15497  

Last edited by Geerhead55; 01-31-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #20
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Danny, the white Fairlane may well be Jim Waldos, I never did see the car when Waldo owned it, but I did watch it race after Dennis Miller from Oregon bought it. I have no idea where the Fairlane went after Miller sold it. After the Fairlane, Miller raced a Pro Stockish Pinto or Mustang 11 with a Hi Port head 351C with a tunnel ram and Lenco, in Super Comp.