HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #1
Chris 2421

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dodge D-100 or D-150 truck for stock eliminator...

Used to see a few of these trucks running,but not any more.Is the combo (82-87 with 360/904) no longer a good one??

Nautilus Racing
Old 06-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
FE Rory

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Randy Hutchings had his 81 Dodge pickup in M/SA at the Mission Div. 6 points meet recently, ran 1.07 under.

FE Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
J R Petersen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Chris
I now have 2 1980 DODGE trucks -1 shortbed and 1 longbed and they both fit good in the class. Will run J K L M N/SA with the shortbed and I have same parts as the 80 aspens and volaries that fly . The cars are rated at 285 horse and I am at 265 but just don't have the money to build the good motor and second don't have the money to travel. Maybe if stock is still here when I retire I will come back. hopefully within the next 4 to 6 years. All my fast motors from a few years ago have piston and rod combos that are over 200 grams heavy and without buying all new parts haven't been able to lighten the stuff enough and not loose the strenght I need to go 7000 rpm. I ran some last year with my old stuff and wentt 12.0s on an 12.75 index but that was pushing those heavy parts real hard and couldn't get out of the bottom half of the field.

Multi time NHRA and IHRA national record holder, 12 time class winner and 2000 IHRA division 5 champ.
TWO TONS OF FUN
Jim Petersen

J R Petersen
J R Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
Chris 2421

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I appreciate the info!!

Well this looks feasable.I'll guess the ThermoQuad is being used although it looks like the Rochester is legal on the later models.

If anyone knows what these trucks are using for front and rear suspension,I'd appreciate the info as well.Please post or e-mail.I see that Calvert has Cal-Tracs for the Dodge truck.

My reason for posting is I have a sweet deal on a D-150 that was a government vehicle and it's in mint condition.I figure this could be a nice project for my son and I to get into,and let him drive in a couple of years when he gets his license.

Nautilus Racing