Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #51
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts
Default Re: Horsepower on tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
I was just informed about a post on FB by a racer who was at the scales when all this went down. It makes it pretty clear about what happened. The racer(s) in question are probably monitoring this thread and should post their response to these allegations. They are members.
Would be nice to hear both sides of the story.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #52
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
Here is a couple of questions. Just being the devils advocate here.

1. Is the car actually capable of going -1.20+ under?
2. Was the car properly classified? Sometimes a car will show up on the Q sheet in the wrong class and show it was farther under the index than it really should be. Typically on the first round of Q. Happens a lot here in D2 on the first Q run.

3. Is there a chance that the clock malfunctioned or some blowing debris or trash tripped the beam?

These are a few things that can cause an erroneous ET on any run at any time.
I don't know the car or person that was involved and don't see anything but rumors here.
The car is more than capable as I remember when Mr. Cunningham had the car before the Lanes and it was plenty fast back then.

As far as the class and a chance of the clocks malfunctioning, the class was correct as in eliminations, he was still showing in G/SA. And look at the pics of the two qualifying runs, the car was picking it up all the way down track in comparison to the 10.99 run, which is what ended up on the final Qualifying sheet.

Making an assumption, I would say they manipulate timing in order to slow the car down. Just based on the incrementals and how much more mph the car is running to the 1/8 in the very fast run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LaneFinal.JPG (37.6 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg LaneQ4.JPG (26.8 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg LaneQ5.JPG (27.6 KB, 422 views)
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #53
Jeff Lane

Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Ha, what a bunch of haters....

Tried to make it to the top of the ladder. Went faster than we hoped and we were ready to pay the price. Went across the scales right after the run with the cars that ran in front of us. We were 5 lbs. light (or maybe 3 lbs as the scales are 5 lb increments) and relieved that it was light. There were people watching us the entire time and we caught a break.

Sorry it isn't going to make the "Nancy drew mystery" drama that a few were hoping for.

Thanks for the kudos from the great racers out there.

Jeff Lane
Jeff Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #54
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lane View Post
Ha, what a bunch of haters....

Tried to make it to the top of the ladder. Went faster than we hoped and we were ready to pay the price. Went across the scales right after the run with the cars that ran in front of us. We were 5 lbs. light (or maybe 3 lbs as the scales are 5 lb increments) and relieved that it was light. There were people watching us the entire time and we caught a break.

Sorry it isn't going to make the "Nancy drew mystery" drama that a few were hoping for.

Thanks for the kudos from the great racers out there.

Jeff Lane
Thanks for the explanation but would you mind telling us why he was dropped off the sheet and then put back. Just curious as to why that happened.
Liked
Old 07-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #55
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts

Jeff cut the bull****.

I was at the finish line watching friends race. You and your Dad came back from the end of the track on scooters no earlier than after half of Super Street ran. Cody was behind you guys. I’m guessing 10 minutes had passed.

Go ahead, keep trying to bull**** the racers that weren’t there. There’s absolutely no excuse to take that long to weigh after a run unless you’re broke. Cody drove it on the scale...
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #56
Jeff Lane

He was dropped off the sheet because the scale report wasn't sent to the tower correctly and they (NHRA) thought we bypassed the scales which was later proven that we did not.

Just everyone spinning out of control....
Old 07-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #57
Jeff Lane

Well I did not go down to the end of the track Jody, and my 88 year old father brought him the ET slip like he does every run.

Come on over and pick on Grump if you need to....
Liked
Old 07-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #58
Kenney Kelley

Liked 71 Times in 35 Posts

A question? When you go across the scales and they tell you your weight do they record that weight? If so that should tell how heavy a car is on the first qualifying run to the last run. Who's in charge of that paperwork?

Kenney Kelley
Kenney Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #59
Bob Smith

Liked 129 Times in 33 Posts

[QUOTE=Jeff Lane;592518]He was dropped off the sheet because the scale report wasn't sent to the tower correctly and they (NHRA) thought we bypassed the scales which was later proven that we did not.

Sent to the tower incorrectly? Never heard of that in 50+ years. Perhaps because he went to the scales so late and after the next category was run as Mr Jody pointed out. Too fishy = CHEATERS brand for life.
Bob Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #60
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Lang View Post
Jeff cut the bull****.

I was at the finish line watching friends race. You and your Dad came back from the end of the track on scooters no earlier than after half of Super Street ran. Cody was behind you guys. I’m guessing 10 minutes had passed.

Go ahead, keep trying to bull**** the racers that weren’t there. There’s absolutely no excuse to take that long to weigh after a run unless you’re broke. Cody drove it on the scale...
Was he the last car down the track in the session?