HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 08-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #21
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
People that know nothing about those cars make some of these idiotic statements. I took a break from drag racing from 1980 through 1990 to race one of those things. I hired a driver.
If you have not worn one of those helmets with several tear-offs on the visor, and lights shining at you from the outside of the track, and see a driver dumb enough to wear a black fire suit at a night race, next to a black car, that is asking to get your tail run over. The driver's vision is not that great under those conditions. Those cars do not mauever like a car on pavement with a differential. They will not stop on a dime, on dirt. The brakes are configured to "set" the car on entry when running the bottom, not stop it suddenly.

That kid was dumb enough to get out of the car and throw a tantrum like a two year old, stepping in front of a car going about 40 MPH, instead of acting like a man and going to talk to Stewart after the race. Well, I'm sorry, but he asked for it. It is really sad that he died from his idiotic antics. No rational person is going to think that even Tony Stewart would run over somebody on purpose.
well said Ed.....and don't think that Tony will not have to pay for the young mans carelessness regardless of who's fault it is.....there are lawyers that cant wait to get a shot at this because Tony is already guilty by the unknowing public.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #22
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 836 Times in 191 Posts

I am deeply disappointed in our drag racing community to be passing judgment while loosing site of the tragedy! Come on people! GOD be with the Ward family and friends, also look over Tony Stewart. A tragic accident, nothing more.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #23
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

I don't think that this was an accident at all. The kid got out of his car...during a race...to confront someone who was still driving...and got run over. That's not an accident.

If he had spun and stayed belted until the safety crew arrived, and got hit by another car that was still racing...then, yes, that would have more than likely been an accident. But, that's not how it went down.

It's almost like a road rage deal. If you get out of your car to confront someone because they pissed you off, then you had better be prepared to pay any consequences...including getting run over.

The tragedy as far as I'm concerned is that the kid died needlessly by his own doing, and his family is no doubt devastated.

What's also tragic is the way the media is eagerly coming forward to portray racing as almost a public menace. I heard one idiot commenting about how dangerous it is and "how fast cars are allowed to go." Are you kidding?

You just watch. The politicians are next. Laws will be passed, and lawsuits will be filed. Racing will either become a thing of the past, or destroyed by silly rules and regulations that will take the sport out of it. Or worse yet, it will become too expensive because the easy lawsuits will make it too risky for tracks to host races or drivers compete in them.
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Angry Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
People that know nothing about those cars make some of these idiotic statements. I took a break from drag racing from 1980 through 1990 to race one of those things. I hired a driver.
If you have not worn one of those helmets with several tear-offs on the visor, and lights shining at you from the outside of the track, and see a driver dumb enough to wear a black fire suit at a night race, next to a black car, that is asking to get your tail run over. The driver's vision is not that great under those conditions. Those cars do not mauever like a car on pavement with a differential. They will not stop on a dime, on dirt. The brakes are configured to "set" the car on entry when running the bottom, not stop it suddenly.

That kid was dumb enough to get out of the car and throw a tantrum like a two year old, stepping in front of a car going about 40 MPH, instead of acting like a man and going to talk to Stewart after the race. Well, I'm sorry, but he asked for it. It is really sad that he died from his idiotic antics. No rational person is going to think that even Tony Stewart would run over somebody on purpose.
X's 1000. I sent a comment to all of Fox News about this in almost the same wording. The reason Ward died is 100% his own fault. These news people don't know their azz from a hole in the ground.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #25
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

This is what happens when you let your temper override common sense. Most who have done it at one time or another got away with it. Unfortunately this kid is one of the few who did not. I feel bad for everyone involved. But ever since the first helmet was thrown on national TV at a race many years ago. Everyone from the peons to the pros wants to get out of the car and act like their a bad *** standing on the track while the cars go around under caution. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Hopefully some other driver learns a lesson from all this.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #26
supergas4

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Lou Jeffery you an idiot making statements like that.You should not be allowed on these pages.,Dwight Allen
supergas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #27
goinbroke2

Liked 170 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
But ever since the first helmet was thrown on national TV at a race many years ago. Everyone from the peons to the pros wants to get out of the car and act like their a bad *** standing on the track while the cars go around under caution. .
And THAT is the money line! Throw the helmet at the car, point at them and give them the finger, kick the car as it goes by, I saw a stockcar (local track) get stopped as the guy was blocking him, jumping back and forth so he couldn't get by, then put the boots to the car until the guy took off again.

I can see him being pissed, possibly extra anger for the "nascar star" that stopped at their local track thinking he will clean up on the "local yokals". Jumping out of the car was stupid and he might of done it a hundred times, but this time bit him. I'll bet the next drivers meeting they stress not to get out of your car if your not on fire!

It was an accident, pure and simple, totally avoidable, but not Stewarts fault.
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #28
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,342 Times in 408 Posts
Angry Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergas4 View Post
lou jeffery you an idiot making statements like that.you should not be allowed on these pages.,dwight allen
x2!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #29
Lou Jeffery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergas4 View Post
Lou Jeffery you an idiot making statements like that.You should not be allowed on these pages.,Dwight Allen
Mr. Allen, you call ME an idiot with your grammar?
I stand by my comments and use my name. You can hate me, your life and anything else you choose,it does not change the facts that tony stewart is a BIG JERK! The only person tony stewart needs to answer to is himself. Crying and paying LOTS of money does not bring back this young man.
Lou Jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #30
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Some want to talk about Stewart's history of being a hot head, I don't really know what Stewart would be so angry about anyway.

The kid just screwed up. Some fool on facebook called Stewart a coward for not stopping in front of that kid and getting out to fight him. Really? Probably an 18 year old posted that one.

Anybody thinking Stewart could have stopped that car that fast simply knows nothing about those cars. I have not heard from anybody that knows those cars blame Stewart. Just the arm chair experts.

Do I think Stewart is an azz? Yes, I do. At aWorld of Outlaws race here in Tulsa, he was standing on the ramp door of a race car trailer when about a ten year old boy asked him for his autograph, he told the kid to leave him alone. He does seem to be a prick. Would he intentionally run over somebody? Get real.