HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: So you wanna build a stocker!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Ya i'll bring my wifes 2013 camry...There aren't enough pure stockers [active ] to make a calender
So I guess there is some issue with Cricket and Curling now.... WOW !!
The nice thing is there is a community of non-couch potato people are out there doing it.
(Dan Quayle notice the correctly spelled word POTATO)

Hey Guys:
I am not a sideliner and trying to better OUR sport where it needs some support.
General Patton said and clearly: Lead, Follow or get the Hell out of the way.

FWIW I think adding imports is a good idea. Toyota is already an America car...(and NASCAR Sponsor)
James please do contact Mike Baker and see if he can get it classified for Stock/Pure Stock.
Bet you Sifu Billy Nees can make that car competitive overnight.

What is really sad is NHRA and IHRA not classifying any of the new US Cars and Trucks into Stock and Super Stock.
So any push from the racing membership would helpful... !!!!!!!!!!!!.....
Instead of being a bunch of grumpy old men sideline whiners!!

Dan

Last edited by Dan Fahey; 08-20-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fahey View Post
So I guess there is some issue with Cricket and Curling now.... WOW !!
The nice thing is there is a community of non-couch potato people are out there doing it.
(Dan Quayle notice the correctly spelled word POTATO)

Hey Guys:
I am not a sideliner and trying to better OUR sport where it needs some support.
General Patton said and clearly: Lead, Follow or get the Hell out of the way.

FWIW I think adding imports is a good idea. Toyota is already an America car...(and NASCAR Sponsor)
James please do contact Mike Baker and see if he can get it classified for Stock/Pure Stock.
Bet you Sifu Billy Nees can make that car competitive overnight.

What is really sad is NHRA and IHRA not classifying any of the new US Cars and Trucks into Stock and Super Stock.
So any push from the racing membership would helpful... !!!!!!!!!!!!.....
Instead of being a bunch of grumpy old men sideline whiners!!

Dan
Isn't an American car built by the UAW or CAW? Toyota, not so much.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
tj310

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mr Fahey This isn't the first thread youv'e ruined , get a life start your own threads--- Trevor
tj310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Trevor, Mr Fahey has an opinion and since he's passionate about another type of racing and is willing to put his neck on the chopping block for what he believes you should cut him some slack. Pure Stock to pro-stock it's all part of the drag racing fraternity. You might not agree with him but respect other people opinion. Claude Ruel p.s. sorry Nick for high jacking thread, listen to Billy he'll save you a lot of broken knuckles.lol

Last edited by cicero819; 08-21-2013 at 07:43 PM.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #15
Nick Reiter III

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thank you guys for the input, i love how you take over the story and make it a debate! normal stocker stuff. my input is you guys have done it so long, and know your stuff so it helps me! i just wanna race. its been 20 some years since i've had the chance to see some of you and the newcomers, it will be a plesure to meet you! i was around the big yellow charger all my life, but what i learned from you guys got me through the day to day,and the guy with 6 cyl nova(love ya bill,you are the man, thanks for under the index, dad called tonight with your # call you soon) he taught me to be a better wrench! i'm doing my best, but please no imports in stocker land!
Nick Reiter III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts

There is a place for pure stockers and/or foreign cars to race.....it is called bracket racing on Friday nights. Pure Stock was tried by NHRA in the early 70's and a huge failure. Not many fans interested in 19 second pure stockers, you see faster street rods on the street.

And Dan, (Dan Quayle notice the correctly spelled word POTATO) If you are old enough to remember, Dan Qualye spelled potato correctly and then when the teacher raised a "cue card" with it spelled Potatoe.......In stead of picking on Quale, why not the teacher of our children?

Dan Quayle's 'Potatoe' Incident – 1992
A minor slip-up by Vice President Dan Quayle hatched a frenzy and a long-running joke. Quayle led a spelling bee for sixth-grade students while visiting an elementary school in New Jersey in 1992. Working from an inaccurate flash card prepared by a teacher, he corrected William Figueroa, 12, when the child spelled "potato" on the blackboard – making the boy add an unnecessary "e" at the word's end.

Last edited by SStockDart; 08-22-2013 at 12:25 AM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
There is a place for pure stockers and/or foreign cars to race.....it is called bracket racing on Friday nights. Pure Stock was tried by NHRA in the early 70's and a huge failure. Not many fans interested in 19 second pure stockers, you see faster street rods on the street.

And Dan, (Dan Quayle notice the correctly spelled word POTATO) If you are old enough to remember, Dan Qualye spelled potato correctly and then when the teacher raised a "cue card" with it spelled Potatoe.......In stead of picking on Quale, why not the teacher of our children?

Dan Quayle's 'Potatoe' Incident – 1992
A minor slip-up by Vice President Dan Quayle hatched a frenzy and a long-running joke. Quayle led a spelling bee for sixth-grade students while visiting an elementary school in New Jersey in 1992. Working from an inaccurate flash card prepared by a teacher, he corrected William Figueroa, 12, when the child spelled "potato" on the blackboard – making the boy add an unnecessary "e" at the word's end.
Not to hijack the post...
Sonny !!
I ran Pure Stock in the early 70's against the Tex Millers, Eddie/Leon Maranians, Kenny Koonce, Tommy Howe's, Jim Bishop, Dvorak's (Teachers Pet), Warrens, WA Lees, Lee Sherman, Huckleberrys' and many others. It was very successful and lots of competitors running the class. Then it started morphing like every racing class in the world.

AND I am going to push Pure Stock...because it is HERE and They Will Come !

BTW..as a person who competed in Spelling Bees, Quayle should have caught the mistake on the card by asking questions !!

BACK to unhijacking the Post..
Nick:
You have a wonderful project. The 1972 Nova is a great platform with huge set of combinations from 1968 to 1972 with simple trim changes. Poke around and there are plenty of proven parts to make a safe race car.

The body shared a lot of the Camaro components. One failing was the uni-bodies could twisted out of spec with too much power or a good bump in the wrong spot. Remember a street racer friend put in a 427 in his 69 Camaro and soon after the doors would not shut properly. Convertibles were even worse.

D

Last edited by Dan Fahey; 08-22-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
Joe Toller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Not to be a smartass, but last I checked, the lowest index in Pure Stock is 14.55, faster than V/SA. And I personally like slower cars, plus it's what I can afford.

Just because a guy cannot or chooses not to spend 10k+ on a car, doesn't mean he shouldn't have a chance to participate. The future racers have to start somewhere, and it's a logical step up from brackets. We wouldn't tell someone jump right in to a SS car or full-tilt stocker, but if you take the lower classes away, where the hell do they start???
Joe Toller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Nick didn't associate you with your Dad, How about a Dart 60's to late 70's that should help your Dad feel some Mopar love from his son. I've seen some cool Valiants also with slant six and V8 and Duster etc,etc. Good luck Claude Ruel
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Dan, (Dvorak's (Teachers Pet) Dan Dvorak did not own the Teachers Pet cars Jerry Stein dose. Pictures in my album.