Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default 1/8 mile Open-Music City

Anyone know any results from this race?
J Gower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
Jake Sealey

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: 1/8 mile Open-Music City

Below is a link to the results from the track website. Based on the D2 Facebook it looks like they ran Stock/Super Stock as a combo.

http://www.musiccityraceway.com/saturdayresults.htm
Jake Sealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
J Gower

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Thank you, Mr. Sealey
J Gower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,680 Times in 852 Posts

Was a bit surprised they ran the first one at Music City, deep in the heart of NHRA legal cars as opposed to the Carolinas which would have drawn some crate motor cars. Think Rich was attempting to meet a need with this series and hopefully will draw more cars in the subsequent races.

In any event congrats to Marcus Widuch, apparently the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Unfortunately sounds like the support isn't there yet. I'm sure it will ramp up into something big.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Post Re: 1/8 mile Open-Music City

There was talk that NHRA will try to make a 2 year commitment to see how it develops. The series was put together after the regular season started, so there wasn't any time to get contingency sponsors. The 1/8 mile divisional race at Galot was used as an example. First year was a little over 100 cars. Second year was over 200 and 3rd year was over 300.

The heat may have kept some cars away and somewhat of a shorter shutdown than many tracks may have influenced the faster car attendance, particularly TS and TD.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
Crisco

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
There was talk that NHRA will try to make a 2 year commitment to see how it develops. The series was put together after the regular season started, so there wasn't any time to get contingency sponsors. The 1/8 mile divisional race at Galot was used as an example. First year was a little over 100 cars. Second year was over 200 and 3rd year was over 300.

The heat may have kept some cars away and somewhat of a shorter shutdown than many tracks may have influenced the faster car attendance, particularly TS and TD.
My personal opinion.... I think a lot of people stayed away because it was held a MCR. The combo there used to be awesome with 60+ cars there. But track prep and a few other things pissed off a lot of racers and they started going elsewhere. Even the weekly bracket race is very weak (no support) and there are a lot of racers in this area.
Crisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #8
matt82114

Liked 117 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
My personal opinion.... I think a lot of people stayed away because it was held a MCR. The combo there used to be awesome with 60+ cars there. But track prep and a few other things pissed off a lot of racers and they started going elsewhere. Even the weekly bracket race is very weak (no support) and there are a lot of racers in this area.
I live about 25 minutes from MCR. My neighbor, who LOVES drag racing drove to the track and just turned around after hearing about the lousy turn out.

I personally haven't been to this track in 10 years simply because the car count is always so low it's just not worth watching.
matt82114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #9
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Being that this was an NHRA National Open I would expect Rich would make sure the track was presentable. I would like to hear from someone in attendance who can attest to the tracks condition. Sorta sounds like more racer excuses to me.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:20 AM   #10
Kenny Bomar

Liked 299 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
Being that this was an NHRA National Open I would expect Rich would make sure the track was presentable. I would like to hear from someone in attendance who can attest to the tracks condition. Sorta sounds like more racer excuses to me.
I was there no stick cars were hooking at all, I am A A / s there were no other a,b, or c cars there they probly knew better! First round I had a comp bye opponent probly got smart and left an Nhra official saw my run trying to keep it off the guard rail thru 1 and 2 gear and told my crew man he was going to fix it! Where was he all day? My next run was the best it only spun thru low gear! My et varied 3 tenths ! I raced there in 1971 it was a great track then hooked every pass and packed house. I took my grade point and went home don't plan on going back unless I got a slow car but that's not going to happen . I've got a need for speed!
Kenny Bomar is offline   Reply With Quote