Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #41
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Smile Re: Tanner Gray, not stock/super stock news,

Well I just did a little checking from last weekends race, and now that I know this about Tanner, I wish that when they raced in round two they both would've ran their first round numbers with their 2nd round lights. Erica ran a 6.553 in that round as opposed to Tanner's 6.546 et., thus giving him a James Bond advantage. However, in round two, Erica pasted Tanner's otherwise great .015rt, with a Trip-Zip! Thus she'd have won round two, by .008! I don't know what happened to her car to lose .04 sec., but I hope the team realized it, and makes sure it doesn't happen again when those two meet, because I'd sure like to see Erica send him packing before the season ends more than once in these Final Four races (provided Zmax Raceway and the surrounding area wasn't affected by the recent weather they had?)!

Moreover, I hope that Erica, Jeg, Drew, Greg, Jason, Vincent, Bo, Deric, Alex and Chris, all rain on his parade and deny him the 2018 NHRA Pro Stock Championship!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 09-28-2018 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Alex and Chris are capable of beating Tanner as well.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:58 AM   #42
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Tanner Gray, not stock/super stock news,

Ericas car got a bit squirrelly right off the starting line round 2, you could see it on TV. The next car Bo Butner did the same thing.

Of the 15 elimination pairs of pro stocks only one car won a round in the right lane. Nobile in round 2

Last edited by 4406mopar; 09-28-2018 at 12:32 PM.
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:09 AM   #43
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Then I hope NHRA will do a better job of making sure both lanes are equal at all remaining races, so the lane(s) won't decide who wins or loses, but the drivers and their cars will.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:38 AM   #44
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406mopar View Post
No, not right, There is a flagman down there at the end of the track to signal which driver to go around the corner first. Erica was on the inside and was told to go. Then Tanner cuts her off. That's what the arguemnet was all about.
You can see this flagman at times at certain tracks and camera angles.
I understand that, been down there many times. If it was a safety issue NHRA should have immediately talked with him about it when his car stopped. Erica is not the rules enforcer. (A "refresher" drivers meeting each week like NASCAR if they all don't follow the rules?;-) Again, she may have been signaled the right of way but risk crashing just to make a point?
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #45
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby DiDomenico View Post
I understand that, been down there many times. If it was a safety issue NHRA should have immediately talked with him about it when his car stopped. Erica is not the rules enforcer. (A "refresher" drivers meeting each week like NASCAR if they all don't follow the rules?;-) Again, she may have been signaled the right of way but risk crashing just to make a point?

Did you see the video? Doesn't sound like It. She stopped when TG cut her off, he was the risk in that scene.

It appears too difficult for him to exit the track and follow instructions. Same as last year when he was kicking his car and throwing his helmet. Now that's a classy kid.
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #46
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406mopar View Post
Did you see the video? Doesn't sound like It. She stopped when TG cut her off, he was the risk in that scene.

It appears too difficult for him to exit the track and follow instructions. Same as last year when he was kicking his car and throwing his helmet. Now that's a classy kid.
Saw the race, didn't say he wasn't at fault. It is NHRA's job to take care of that. Maybe they haven't gotten thru to some drivers? Really don't care what they do, adding drama is not going to save Pro Stock at this point in time.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote