HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 89 Times in 33 Posts
Default Chassis certification help

Hey we are in Mooresville,North Carolina (just north of Charlotte) had a "date" with Andy Division 2 for Wednesday to certify 3 cars for us...Andy was real good guy...and had certified/come to our door previously...his passing was a shock...having spoke with him just days prior...have "list" Division 2 tech guys...no one "close"...distance wise...any ideas?...suggestions?...much appreciated-Sincerely,Drake
DRAKE VISCOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
sg1586

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chassis certification help

A little off topic but is this the Drake that use to sell Ford/Mustang parts out of a Dealer ship in upstate NY..Pleasant Ford???
sg1586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
winstonindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKE VISCOME View Post
Hey we are in Mooresville,North Carolina (just north of Charlotte) had a "date" with Andy Division 2 for Wednesday to certify 3 cars for us...Andy was real good guy...and had certified/come to our door previously...his passing was a shock...having spoke with him just days prior...have "list" Division 2 tech guys...no one "close"...distance wise...any ideas?...suggestions?...much appreciated-Sincerely,Drake
I would suggest contacting Jim Collins, our d2 Tech Director, or Harry Ferrari for suggestions and to answer any questions you might have.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
DRAKE VISCOME

Hey guys...thank you for reply...did have Jim Sherry of NHRA Division 2 come and certify the cars...good guy..."stories"...all went well...know Harry pretty well from old days...he was our circuit coordinator (Tom "Smoker" Smith promotor) for The East Coast Fuel Funny Car Circuit for some years...he & wife Pat...real good people...at least a few "tales"/memories from those days 'eh ...yes..I did "sell" just a "few" parts ...in 50 plus or so years @ both Carmel & Pleasantville Ford/Vindicator Racing... this "life"...has been real good...and...for sure...I am a lucky/grateful guy Drake p.s..."up-state" (?)...Carmel 'bout 50 miles north from Times Square...Pleasantville 30...always thought/assumed "up-state" was like Albany & points north...just kidding 'eh...

Last edited by DRAKE VISCOME; 12-29-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
BLIND MULE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back in the 80's I traded you a 429 4 bolt main block for some Centerline wheels do you remember that?

You had that Vindicator Pinto then I think (RIGHT?)

Man where did time go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shipped it from Alabama you were excited to get it!
BLIND MULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
DRAKE VISCOME

Hey...sure do remember the "deal"...way smart "deals" like this...forced me into semi-retirement...at a early age ...it has been a great "ride" all these years with Ford/motorsports...we had/have just about 40 "Vindicator" race cars...various body configurations/classes...dating back to my dad's flathead V-8 Ford Scotty Fenn dragster...in 1958...did "mention"...that I am a lucky...very luck guy 'eh Drake...p.s...as you said...where did the time/days/years go???...seems like yesterday...we wuz...mixing "fuel" in our altered wheelbase Falcon @ 1967 NY National AHRA Summernationals (Ultra/Stock-FX/Fuel Injected/Class Winner)...dem's were the "daze" ...back then (1980's) factory 429-4/bolt blocks..were not ez to come by...got "excited" ez too...hope all has been well for you & family!

Last edited by DRAKE VISCOME; 01-16-2013 at 06:11 PM.