HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
Duster 7695

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: What Do You Think About This?

It was wrong. I wonder if it was their idea not to run the race, or were they afraid the person who loaned them the AVS would tell someone and they would get DQ'd, fined and a year suspension. I can't believe they did this article.

Raul
Duster 7695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #12
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lang View Post
Ed,

You need to read it again. They didn't put on the AVS carb until after they made their first qualifying pass on Saturday. They picked up 1.25 seconds and 15 MPH between the first and second qualifier.

-Toby
I did miss the part about Sat runs.Sorry Toby.They should have to come back with a set of gaskets.And the team member who is a so called tech man should have his certification yanked for at least one year.
How about using the pipe insulation?is it legal?safe?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #13
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

The pairs of 1 vs 15, 2 vs 16 and 3 vs 17 would have been the same. Every pair from 4 vs 18 to 14 vs 28 would have been different that what actually happened.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #14
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

Step away from the pipe! Not a good move here, known illegal car making qualifing runs at a NHRA points race. Is the rest of the story that they got sent home not on their choice but a request by others?
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #15
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

As others have said, why would you post about it on the internet? I think what they did shows a lack of respect to the Stock Eliminator class and especially a lack of repect to their fellow competitors.

Also, as others have said, it effects the ladder. What about other racers in the same class? They have worked for years on their combo and these guys just bolt on a carb and are running with them. What if they would have beat one of these other cars heads-up?

I was scheduled to run them in the third round. Nobody likes a narc, but there was no way I was going to let them race against me if we did meet. Either they don't show up or I'm going to the tech director. I still had a chance to win the Division title and good chance to get into the top ten at that point. If they were already say a tenth under the index and they did something illegal to pick it up a few tenths I wouldn't really have a problem with that, but they were more than a second over the index before they put the other carb on. They had no business winning any rounds.

The person who loaned them the carb had no idea they were going to use it in qualifying. He was told they wanted to use it to see if they could get it to rev up above 5000 RPM.

On Saturday night the carb owner called them and told them they shouldn't run the carb because they have already changed the ladder and there are people here trying to gain points to move up in the standings or even win a championship. It's not fair to them.

The carb owner told me when they showed up on Sunday they were going to run the carb in eliminations. The carb owner told them no you're not. You can either put the legal carb back on and dial the index or pack up and leave. They decided to leave.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts

NHRA tech should look into this, a test & tune is one thing but you don't use illegal parts to qualify with!!!!!, let's see i think my gas is bad, i'll try some ERC or q16, or i think theres something wrong with my heads, i'll try those dart casting. An NHRA points meet or national is not the place to T&T, try your local bracket race first untill your ready, What a dope!! and yes it changed the ladder witch could have changed the way div7&6 ended.
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
As others have said, why would you post about it on the internet? I think what they did shows a lack of respect to the Stock Eliminator class and especially a lack of repect to their fellow competitors.

Also, as others have said, it effects the ladder. What about other racers in the same class? They have worked for years on their combo and these guys just bolt on a carb and are running with them. What if they would have beat one of these other cars heads-up?

I was scheduled to run them in the third round. Nobody likes a narc, but there was no way I was going to let them race against me if we did meet. Either they don't show up or I'm going to the tech director. I still had a chance to win the Division title and good chance to get into the top ten at that point. If they were already say a tenth under the index and they did something illegal to pick it up a few tenths I wouldn't really have a problem with that, but they were more than a second over the index before they put the other carb on. They had no business winning any rounds.

The person who loaned them the carb had no idea they were going to use it in qualifying. He was told they wanted to use it to see if they could get it to rev up above 5000 RPM.

On Saturday night the carb owner called them and told them they shouldn't run the carb because they have already changed the ladder and there are people here trying to gain points to move up in the standings or even win a championship. It's not fair to them.

The carb owner told me when they showed up on Sunday they were going to run the carb in eliminations. The carb owner told them no you're not. You can either put the legal carb back on and dial the index or pack up and leave. They decided to leave.

-Toby
i wonder if the idiot even knows what he did? i agree it is very disrespectful to the class. I also had a feeling those were the type of details we were going to hear. We don't need assholes like him class racing. Of course on the flip side I'm shocked that the bracket racers in here haven't taken up for him yet "what's the big deal, its just a bracket race..............we can add those clowns to the list of those who need to bring gaskets
Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 AM   #18
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Using the wrong carb is nothing new. People have been kicked out for it many times before. I think most people do it to move up the qualifying sheet then put the legal carb back on for eliminations.

As far as I know the penalty for getting caught with the wrong carb is only a DQ from that race. There is no suspension. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bolting on a bigger carb is probably the easiest way to cheat. I think it should deserve more than a one race suspension.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #19
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Using the wrong carb is nothing new. People have been kicked out for it many times before. I think most people do it to move up the qualifying sheet then put the legal carb back on for eliminations.

As far as I know the penalty for getting caught with the wrong carb is only a DQ from that race. There is no suspension. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bolting on a bigger carb is probably the easiest way to cheat. I think it should deserve more than a one race suspension.

-Toby
I think bolting on a bigger carb falls under "flagrant" violation and would receive a suspension. being .003 over on the cam isn't flagrant, neither would being .005 over on venturi size, however having the WRONG carb that is bigger isn't a mistake
Old 11-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #20
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

what if some one did something like that and ran 1.30 under,got up the next day and left the track.saying he broke or what never.would/could they hit the combo for hp?only saying what if.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote