HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #11
Greg Gay

Liked 218 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Shipping a motor.

Sorry that I missed this message. B-D-R can provide transportation services for engines and other items, but our service areas are limited. We can transport from New England to virtually all points in the country, and we can transport from California to New England. We aren't, however, set up to transport in other lanes.

In regards to transporting with common carriers, I just have two points of caution: Common carriers use break bulk terminals. Shipments from smaller, feeder terminals are consolidated into full loads for their long haul transportation. These loads WILL be full to the ceiling of the trailer (9 feet high),and your shipment will either be on top, or it will be on the bottom. With the density of most driveline pieces, they will most likely be on the bottom. That is why I always advise that you fully crate your shipment.

The second point is to get your pricing in writing. I deal with it every day, and it seems simple to me, but shipments are priced by the Class of freight, then there is a discount (I've seen 90% discounts), and then there is a fuel surcharge. This is without even considering accessorial charges, such as liftgate, residential delivery, inside delivery, excess value, etc. So describe fully what you want to do, and get it in writing.

I can avoid most of these problems for racers, but again, our service lanes at B-D-R are quite limited. I do have to say that we are proud to be transporting the Moroso display to the SEMA show for the third year in a row.

Greg
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #12
Jim Carter

Liked 19 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
X2 on Greg Gay.
X3 on Greg Gay at BDR. And he is a class racer also. Always good to use the family.

JC
Jim Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
Ryan_Haag

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am a General Manager with Fastenal. We do ship 3PL items and it is very, very reasonable. Go online @ Fastenal.com and under Services click on 3rd Party Logistics and get a quote. Drop it off at your local Fastenal store and we will take care of it from there!
Ryan_Haag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #14
Dyno

Liked 605 Times in 177 Posts

Ryan, shipped with you (Fastenal) twice, fast and inexpensive.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote