HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
sst1988

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Is 2013 the last year for nhra at e-town?

A usually very reliable source told the Agent that all is not well between the NHRA and one of its oldest member tracks at Englishtown, NJ. The rumor we hear is that the management at E-town isn’t all that happy with their NHRA national event and that the NHRA is demanding that the Knapp family spend serious money updating the venerable track. The way the Agent hears it the track has many events where the track doesn’t have to split the take with the NHRA that make as much or more profit than the NHRA national event, and the family will probably not renew their contract with the NHRA as it is currently written.

With all of the local noise issues E-town is faced with, maybe they would just as soon not have an NHRA national event. One thing that may have brought this issue to a boil is the noticeable lack of fans at a track that in the past has virtually sold every seat on Sunday at least.

The Agent hears that the 2013 event recently added at Epping, NH, could be the replacement race in the Northeast to replace E-town
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Dennis P Chapman
VIP Member

Liked 52 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Is 2013 the last year for nhra at e-town?

They have been fighting the noise for 20 years but that said they do very well with car swap meets.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Paul Precht

Liked 224 Times in 89 Posts

This is great for the NE guys and they deserve a local event. Having raced many events at both E Town and NED, E Town is by far the better track, but it's all about money. A summer night at NED is spent in cover from the severe bug issue. A normal Sunday bracket race takes till almost midnight to finish after they spend half the day screwing around with lunch breaks, go carts and whatever. NED is a very fast track but I've spent many 10 hour Saturdays there just to get 1 useful time run out of 2. I miss having it 22 miles from my house and the good air, but I hate that place so much otherwise. When I had things stolen from my tow rig at NED they said if you don't like it, don't come back.
Paul Precht is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
BILL TAYLOR

Liked 186 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Precht View Post
This is great for the NE guys and they deserve a local event. Having raced many events at both E Town and NED, E Town is by far the better track, but it's all about money. A summer night at NED is spent in cover from the severe bug issue. A normal Sunday bracket race takes till almost midnight to finish after they spend half the day screwing around with lunch breaks, go carts and whatever. NED is a very fast track but I've spent many 10 hour Saturdays there just to get 1 useful time run out of 2. I miss having it 22 miles from my house and the good air, but I hate that place so much otherwise. When I had things stolen from my tow rig at NED they said if you don't like it, don't come back.
I don't understand what your're talking about. Of all the tracks I've been to, ETown was the most likely place to have something stolen, the only Div1 track where I felt it was necessary to lock up everything to go make a run. I went to Epping last year and experienced none of what you're saying. The track was well prepped & organized and the event ran on time every day in spite quite severe rain every night. As far as the Knapp's and NHRA, they may be feeling the same thing that the Dimino's felt about the NHRA which is why we have no points or open meets there, from what I understand. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong! BILL TAYLOR STK 1005
BILL TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote