HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #221
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: OLD Modified Corvettes

Dick. Anything you want added, or taken away, let me know. Also include Danny's e-mail address.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #222
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

I admit that I hadn't been following this thread, between work, multiple events that we promote, post-race coverage, PRI, etc...

The Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals entered the planning stages more than a year ago and we finalized the format about half a year ago. While we cannot add competition classes at this point due to the massive turnout expected and a large number of special events already scheduled, we might be able to do something with a display area. Don't forget that IHRA has Super Stock Production classes that are eligible to compete (provided NHRA license and chassis certs for 9.99-quicker).

My advice to the 'group' would be to finalize and define a set of rules, stick to them, and start partnering with various Nostalgia type events, or start your own event(s) in order to establish the group.

- There's always going to be somebody that doesn't like the rules. You need to define the rules and STICK TO THEM. I've seen infighting about rules among the various 'specialty' race crowds, and it hurts them. While you do need to make *informed* decisions, ultimately, they are *decisions*. Consistency is key.
- Partnering with existing series may be the only way to get off the ground. With the whirlwind of different ideas presented here, a sanctioning body or promoter is not going to latch onto it, because there is not yet anything concrete *to* latch onto. The most likely scenario is that you create a small group of a dozen or so cars yourselves in a 'club' and promote yourselves as a booked-in show, like the Supercharged Warriors, etc. You could be a good add-in show to many Gasser and other Nostalgia shows. You need to be planning, building and testing now in order to have a viable product ready for 2015.

$.02,
Old 12-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #223
randy wilson

Michael, as bad as I hate to admit it, you're probably right. I don't know exactly where to start to get the rules in stone. I can be very flexible on what's allowed, so I don't want anyone to think it's "My way, or the highway." I just think the simpler, cheaper way, is the ONLY way to go. My thoughts are, as more, and more people, including myself, and my partner, decide to quit, that the sanctioning bodies ought to at least look at a way to bring people in, not price them out. But, we have a LOOOOONG way to go to present this as a viable class. Thank you. Sometimes it's good to hear the truth. Do you think it would be better to approach the nastalgia drag racers?
Old 12-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #224
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Sorry guys for disagreeing , but the Super Mod ship has sailed , sunk and can not be recovered.
I just don't see much appeal based on these proposed restrictions.
You need tunnel rams ( cast or?) vac pumps should be OK also........valve angles and port restrictions not to include RR heads , shallow valve angles etc.........but porting? Let em port.
You're taking a thread that was initiated based on the concept of MP and turned it into a resurrection of Super Mod thread. Make the proposition more closely resemble classic MP cars.
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...nal-105-racing
You can still keep cost down , but the class would need more "liberties".
Too many constraints.

Last edited by joespanova; 12-18-2013 at 09:08 AM.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #225
randy wilson

Joe, I respectfully disagree. We already have what you're wanting in comp, and SS.I doubt anything will come of it, but it's still fun to talk about. We had it at our track, and we had the open no break out class at Eddyville. We had 5 times as many cars at a hick track then they drew at one of the nicest facilities in the mid west.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #226
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy wilson View Post
Joe, I respectfully disagree. We already have what you're wanting in comp, and SS.I doubt anything will come of it, but it's still fun to talk about. We had it at our track, and we had the open no break out class at Eddyville. We had 5 times as many cars at a hick track then they drew at one of the nicest facilities in the mid west.
Regardless , either way...if it ever works out , the new / old concept would be great.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #227
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Anyone sent NHRA an email yet? Opinions are easy and the next step of informing NHRA of an interest in a BASIC SS class which is cheap should be easier. Lets see if they at least respond.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #228
randy wilson

Dick, I'll do it today if you are OK with what I wrote. Do you have his correct email? I'm not a member of NHRA, Steve Thompson, the driver is.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #229
randy wilson

Never mind Dick. I got it.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #230
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Randy I am hoping all the others expressing thoughts will mail as well...
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote