HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 90 Times in 34 Posts
Default Re: Survivor Thunderbolts

Hey... the Carmel Ford T-Bolt (Vindicator) as mentioned previously... (which I drove/raced) Nate wanted me/us to keep... readily offered all "help" needed...we were quite involved with east coast funny car shows (with our FC) at time as well... not really enough "time" to dedicate to the SS-car...T-Bolt was later sold to Arlid Christiansen in Norway...Hence F/SA (Factory Street Altered european FIA class designation))...Nate went on to purchase/build aformentioned Virginia T-Bolt car... our picture(SS/C) class final NHRA Englishtown/Summernat's...Don Whitlow former American Airlines piolt bought car home from Europe...had Randy DeLisio restore this car to absolutely original...ol' Randy yet again...just incredible job...believe Don still owns/shows car...ol' Nate was never too "thrilled" as the late Carl Holbrook ( a old rival of Nate's) & formally of NJ...did fully sleeved motor/Ron Ross early "tin" intake...on "Vindicator" bolt...which ran/worked pretty well for it's time period...pretty steady 10.30's @ 131-2 mph...mid 70's... Drake...I loved Nate...but never said...we "agreed" on everything 'eh! ...the Carmel/Vindicator car was the original Bill Rick Ford dealer car out of Illinois in 1964..."only"...35-plus years later...1.5 seconds/20 mph slower than Ray Pacquet's-Paul Adams current T-Bolt cars...progress/technology...hard work...never stops

Last edited by DRAKE VISCOME; 12-02-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: p.s.
DRAKE VISCOME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKE VISCOME View Post
Hey... the Carmel Ford T-Bolt (Vindicator) as mentioned previously... (which I drove/raced) Nate wanted me/us to keep... readily offered all "help" needed...we were quite involved with east coast funny car shows (with our FC) at time as well...T-Bolt was sold to Arlid Christiansen in Norway...Hence F/SA (Factory Street Altered european FIA class designation))...Nate went on to purchase/build aformentioned Virginia T-Bolt car... our picture(SS/C) class final NHRA Englishtown/Summernat's...Don Whitlow former American Airlines piolt bought car home from Europe...had Randy DeLisio restore this car to absolutely original...ol' Randy yet again...just incredible job...believe Don still owns/shows car...ol' Nate was never too "thrilled" as the late Carl Holbrook ( a old rival of Nate's) & formally of NJ...did fully sleeved motor on "Vindicator" bolt...which ran/worked pretty well for it's time period...pretty steady 10.30's @ 131-2 mph...mid 70's... Drake...I loved Nate...but never said...we "agreed" on everything 'eh! ...the Carmel/Vindicator car was the original Bill Rick Ford dealer car out of Illinois in 1964
Thanks for clearing things up, Drake.

M68
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Here's a couple more pics of the Nazy Crate '64 Fairlane Thunderbolt...

Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #24
cobrajet2

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Wow! That Key Ford Fairlane picture is very cool. I have not seen that one, as well. Some more Crazy Nate pictures. Most of them are not mine, as he was before my time.

cobrajet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #25
cobrajet2

Cool Paint.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #26
cobrajet2

I guess Nate's shop?

Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
cobrajet2

Another.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
cobrajet2

Same car, older paint scheme?

Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #29
cobrajet2

Cragars on the back.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #30
cobrajet2

I always read about people referring to Nate's '67 Fairlane, but it looks as though he had more than one. A Sedan and a Hardtop. If someone could fill in the blanks and give a chronological order of his cars, that would be great. Also, any stories that go with a certain car. Is the Hardtop the car he hit the deer with?