Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2017, 05:40 PM   #21
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: Attempted trailer break in at Maple Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kommel View Post
Floyd - It's legal to breathe in all 50 states (at least as of now), but I think you mean reciprocity agreements!

Now back to the subject at hand...
Now that was funny.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #22
Floyd Staggs
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Floyd - It's legal to breathe in all 50 states (at least as of now), but I think you mean reciprocity agreements!

Now back to the subject at hand...
You knew what I meant, I just couldn't spell it. LOL!
Old 09-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #23
Dave Kommel

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Staggs View Post
You knew what I meant, I just couldn't spell it. LOL!
Floyd - Of course I knew what you meant, but that was just too good to pass up! Humor is wherever we find it!
Old 09-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #24
Floyd Staggs
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Floyd - Of course I knew what you meant, but that was just too good to pass up! Humor is wherever we find it!
You got that right. I remember when all my stuff got stole out of my truck I bitched about the potatoes chips more than anything else. 😉
Old 09-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #25
Dyno

Liked 604 Times in 177 Posts

In 2000 I bought a 41' Gold Rush trailer in eastern Pa., sorry I forgot the Comp racer I got it from. I traveled back west and stayed the night in the middle of Pa. Stayed the night at a Holiday Inn and parked directly in front of the office. Asked the front desk to watch my stuff over night and they said they would, I came out in the morning and the door lock was drilled out and every cabinet door was open. Because the trailer was empty, nothing was taken, but the Comp number was on the back of the trailer. .I am sure the thieves thought they had hit a gold mine. It seems that the farther east you go, the worse it gets.Never had a problem anywhere in Div 3 and Div 5.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 PM   #26
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,073 Times in 766 Posts

Many years ago our mini bike was stolen at Maple Grove. It was chained to our open trailer and they cut the chain with a bolt cutter. Hard to believe in Amish country.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:24 AM   #27
killintime6968

Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

A couple of years ago I had my race trailer broken into and had all my tools and parts stolen for 2 302 chev super stock engines. 2 weeks ago someone broke into my 5th wheel trailer and stole the generator, solar panels and a variety of other items.

Bruce Cameron
68 Nova E/S
68 Camaro SS/I or ?
killintime6968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #28
Carl Battis

Liked 179 Times in 35 Posts

As many of you know, a few years ago in Dallas I had my trailer stolen with the 69 Camaro B/SA 396/375 inside that I had built myself with my racing friends....along with all the other race upport stuff like spare trans, compressor, generator etc. While it didn't happen at the track it was nonetheless such a violation of my privacy that took a long time to get over. I finally got another car and got back on the track mid-year last year.

This year I have done a fair amount of racing in Division 7 and Division 6. I've met a lot of great people and made some new friends. I've also had a couple of items stolen out of my pit overnight.....a brand new 7 gallon water jug at Phoenix and a really nice Summit 2 ton jack at Woodburn. It brought to the surface some of the feelings I had experienced when the Camaro got stolen. I was pissed at a level that far exceeded the anger that would be appropriate for petty theft. I hope I never catch anybody taking something out of my pit.....it will end badly for everybody. Thieves amonst us makes me feel bad - I had higher expectations for fellow racers.
Carl Battis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:00 AM   #29
Strawboss

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

It is a crying shame that we have to keep everything locked up. I still believe these are not racers but low life people that come in to take advantage of us. We had the golf cart stole in Atlanta several years ago at the starting line while we were making a run. We got it back by us doing a lot of looking. When we found it with 2 young boys in the camp ground next to the track they ran and got away. They were not racers on with racers. It was stolen at Memphis a few years later at the rest rooms. We got it back both times and they were not racers or with racers and both times the keys were in the cart. Don't give a thief an invitation. I don't believe it is racers or people helping racers that are taking these things for racers know how hard we all work to have the tools and parts we have.
Strawboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #30
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

I also have my CCW....and will continue to put at least one back door lock and side door lock on.

Nice site for those interested in CCW...http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Clark
cad is offline   Reply With Quote