HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #11
Mike Gray

Liked 496 Times in 133 Posts
Default Re: 2019 Challenger 1320 is now legal for Stock and Super St

While I like the car, it makes me wonder what I'm doing spending the amount of money I have in building an older car for stock eliminator. The car I'm building will fit right in there with the Dodge in B stock. No amount of money can make my car as fast as this Dodge is going to be. If NHRA factored my hp rating the same my 355 factory hp would be rated at 285. Now that would be competitive!
Mike Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:38 PM   #12
Dave Sheehan

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Awesome !! Love it....
Old 04-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #13
ss3011

Liked 221 Times in 102 Posts

I think the transmission is a 9 speed automatic, based on a ZF design . There won't be too many racers that will be running that transmission , most will run a 727 or a 904 . Just like the engine will be running on an aftermarket controller , all these features that the production car have, are integrated into the factory ecm . With all these factory systems removed , it would be so illegal to have a 727 with a brake , or some sort of traction control ,and claim its stock , that if found , would for sure win you some time off . If the car was totally stock , it would be hard for NHRA to make it illegal , kind of like if you used a rental car . Most probably have traction control , but nobody has gotten bounced for it . Using aftermarket or not original parts , you would have a problem , saying its just stock . A little rambling , but you get the point . If the car has a feature that is stock , how would you prove it is disabled , best to have it totally removed .
ss3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #14
Dave Sheehan

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3011 View Post
I think the transmission is a 9 speed automatic, based on a ZF design.
It's an 8 speed ZF8HP70. The Hellcats and Demons get the ZF8HP90. I believe the 9 speed is for FWD cars.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:18 PM   #15
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

If they are claiming this as another underrated combination that they are shoving into regular Stock and Super Stock classes again, then something is really foul in Glendora. I guess this combination lost 100 HP and 600 lbs during the approval process just like the Camaros and Fords before it. So who is getting over in this deal? The OEM's or nhra? I would argue that it is nhra because it is nhra's intent to keep punching the Stock racers in the gut until they can no longer take it and walk away. nhra has reduced car counts, abandoned their oversight responsibilities and it continues to unleash these cheater cars on the rest of us. One of these is probably already testing in Louisiana as we discuss this latest transgression. All of us know what is going on and the OEM's could care less. I hope they have the camera crews set up again, at the scales at Indy. We just love watching guys celebrating with their cheater cars in the background.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:31 AM   #16
Dyno

Liked 603 Times in 176 Posts

Wrong side of the country.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #17
Steve Stasko

Liked 228 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
If they are claiming this as another underrated combination that they are shoving into regular Stock and Super Stock classes again, then something is really foul in Glendora. I guess this combination lost 100 HP and 600 lbs during the approval process just like the Camaros and Fords before it. So who is getting over in this deal? The OEM's or nhra? I would argue that it is nhra because it is nhra's intent to keep punching the Stock racers in the gut until they can no longer take it and walk away. nhra has reduced car counts, abandoned their oversight responsibilities and it continues to unleash these cheater cars on the rest of us. One of these is probably already testing in Louisiana as we discuss this latest transgression. All of us know what is going on and the OEM's could care less. I hope they have the camera crews set up again, at the scales at Indy. We just love watching guys celebrating with their cheater cars in the background.
I think that Mopar is just as guilty here. I was told by a former Mopar employee that if I wasn't building an AH car, or a Drag Pak...that I was wasting my time.
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #18
Steve Stickel

Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post

http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...er+1320&page=3

Reply #24 LMAO !!!!!
Steve Stickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #19
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts

Kind of reminds me of the 1971 Corvette 454 that only made 425 HP.......
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #20
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Kind of reminds me of the 1971 Corvette 454 that only made 425 HP.......
You do know the difference between 600 and 820 don't you??? With rare exception all the old cars have the correct shipping weight as well. But I guess all this parity stuff is still too much for you to grasp.