HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-27-2019, 12:11 AM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts
Default How much does the Purse have to be to get you to race?

+As some of you know I along with a few others are putting a memorial race together. To honor a couple of fallen stock Icons from Division one. Dave Lebrun and Alan Peters. Alan was a great guys to hang out with and had done it all in stock. From Divisional winner to National Event's winner to World Champ in stock. Three years in a row the TRW champ.

Dave with his L&L Machine shop built motors for so many from division one along with several other divisions. Dave was also a multi divisional winner along with several National Event wins. I know Dave first hand had kept many of us running on the track when we really didn't have the money to pay for some of the work he did. To say the least we have lost two great ones.

For any of you guys that these two touched your lives in any way I would hope you will attend this race.

At this time we would like to hear from anyone that would be interested in attending this race We would also like to ask if anyone or their company is interesting in helping this race be a success by putting up sponsorship money. We are not looking for a large amount but rather $100. If you wish to donate more that would be even better. We will list all the sponsors on the racing site along with a Poster board at the beginning of the staging lanes. This is a one hundred percent payback from any money we collect.

We have already collected a few thousand and have several committing to more.

My contact number is Barry Parker 413-5797729
Email me at bgp1614@aol.com

We come on this site to complain about payouts and the number of racers aloud to race. This is another chance to show we can get together for a great cause and make this race a success without NHRA involved.

Please now is the time so contact me and help make this race a huge success. Barry Parker

Last edited by B Parker; 02-27-2019 at 08:51 AM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
B Parker

Default Re: How much does the Purse have to be to get you to race?

I see no one has posted here yet but I have received several emails already. We have been only at this now for a few days and have already collected $2000 for this race. So get off your key board hands and let us know if you are interested in attending and or willing to help contribute to the fund. We all complain about pay outs that are too low and lack of car counts. This race will not have that problem.
Love to see 1320 Ed in a stocker so he could show all us old men and woman how it's done. Come on in the water will be fine. Barry

PS ED I will pay your entrance fee!!!!!
What have you to say now.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #3
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,595 Times in 371 Posts

Barry is this a ASAR race and rules ?
If so will it be full payout for non members?
Old 02-27-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I plan to attend.
Is it the week before the LODRS at LVD?
MikeA114
PS It would be nice to have a memorial decal for the window....

Last edited by Mike Jones; 02-27-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
T. Boucher

Liked 116 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Barry is this a ASAR race and rules ?
If so will it be full payout for non members?
Hi James
This race will be run in conjunction with an ASRA race. The busy D1 schedule coupled with tracks having their own bookings made an entirely separate race tough to coordinate. The date that is being pursued is the Sunday June 23rd which is the weekend before the divisional at Lebanon Valley Dragway.

Being 1 of the 6 races of the ASRA season, it will follow the race format of a typical ASRA race. 2 time trials (weather permitting), qualifying based on reaction time and heads up runs in eliminations.

All stock/super stock racers are welcome. The efforts that Barry is graciously putting in to promote a memorial race will be available to all participants. You don't have to be an ASRA member. The gate fee has everyone eligible for the track portion of the purse and then what Barry is able to raise will be added to that purse. ASRA members will still race for their separate portion of the purse funded by membership dues and the support of the association's sponsors. When all details are finalized, it will be a guaranteed purse (nothing pro-rated) that will be clearly posted for everyone to see.

This weekend also has a VP fuel deal sponsored by Lebanon Valley which is also open to all participants (don't have to be a member). The racer with the most points between the race on Sat and Sun wins a drum of C12.

There are definitely incentives for there to be a big turnout of cars to support stock and super stock racing and pay tribute to some of the legends of the sport that recently passed away.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #6
B Parker

Thanks TJ you have summed it up better than I could have. I had decided to get involved in having this race not only because of Dave Lebrun and Alan Peters but for all the great friends that we have raced with and lost. We as a group tend to sit back and say we should do this or that but nothing is what normally happens. This time I decided to get involved. We are just at the very start of acquiring sponsorship monies for this race. We already have sponsorship money to pay $1000 to win and $500 to the runner up. Plus track money. Greg Barsamian has volunteered to help raise sponsorship monies. For those of you that know Greg you have seen him raise thousand for other racing venues. We have commitment from several others already but will wait until we are closer to the race with money in hand before we announce the final payout schedule. As TJ stated you do not have to be an ASRA member to race. Any nonmembers will race for the track purse plus any monies we put together. Anyone wishing to help or put up a sponsorship please contact Greg or myself. Thanks Barry
Liked
Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #7
Jim Whitehead

Liked 145 Times in 38 Posts

Barry count me in, you may even see both my cars with my Son Tim driving one. No better way to support some legends that we lost.
Jim Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:11 PM   #8
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

I hope ya get a good turnout, iam too far south to come, Allen and Dave where good people, again i hope ya get the car count, i know that Napierville race pays 5k ea day and he get not to many from that area, for no reason at all. all the best guys. Brian
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-28-2019, 12:20 AM   #9
B Parker

Brian, Take a ride north and visit your Division one friends. This ASRA race can get upwards of 55 cars by itself being the week before the Divisional. Now with it being a Memorial Race for 2 of Division one icons and the added purse. I think you will be surprised at the numbers that will show up. Lebanon Valley has always let you leave your rigs there for the week between these 2 events. We have already received a money commitment from as far as 3 thousand miles away. Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 02-28-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #10
Matt Welker

Liked 67 Times in 14 Posts

If we can leave rigs, then there is good chance we will come as that makes it worth while, only towing the rig once.

Last edited by Matt Welker; 02-28-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Matt Welker is offline   Reply With Quote