HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Factory Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #11
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Super Stock "GT" and SRA

A lot of NHRA members that I have been talking to would love to see this happen. At first I thought it was the NHRA that didn't want it but after speaking with two high ranking members of NHRA in Glendora I found out that they have been more than willing to do it for the past two years.

Sportsman racer advisory council has been turning it down. Saying that the sportsman racers do not need it or want it. I'm going to post highlighted in Yellow the gentleman who say we don't need it.

Jim D'Amore
Old 12-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #12
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

You know Jim, I just don't think that is true. I was on it (SRAC) along with Jeff Taylor until a couple of years ago, and it was brought forward and not acted on by NHRA. People have been asking for this for years, and it's worse with the new cars with all the new motor combinations that are out there now that were not before. It was always 'no interest'.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #13
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
You know Jim, I just don't think that is true. I was on it (SRAC) along with Jeff Taylor until a couple of years ago, and it was brought forward and not acted on by NHRA. People have been asking for this for years, and it's worse with the new cars with all the new motor combinations that are out there now that were not before. It was always 'no interest'.

Jeff,

I can only tell you what NHRA told me and they are good to go. When you sat on the board why didn't they approve it then?

I've only been involved with 3 race series over the past 30 years. Fun Ford Weekend, NMRA, and NMCA. If they could start a new class that would bring 100+ cars to the race series they would do it in a heartbeat. To most racers their race cars are their second or first love. It would be cool to see a 2016 Supercharged COPO engine in a 69 Camaro. The same goes for a 68 Shelby with a new Coyote cobra jet engine. Or like David Barton said a new 426 Hemi in a old Dodge.

If its the SRAC or NHRA maybe we can bring them together and this could happen...

Jim D'Amore
Old 12-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

It would be great.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:08 PM   #15
Bob Sherwood

Liked 329 Times in 50 Posts

Jim thank you for putting this issue on here so maybe we can get this done!! The weight breaks for the upper GT classes should be the same as FSS and SS ! Its a shame that we have all these new engines and nobody can run them unless you have a newer factory car. Could the big 3 be worried that racers would build cars, instead of buying the new cars, if they had classes to run them in ? It seems obvious that we need these upper classes but why doesn't NHRA move on this issue. Bob

Last edited by Bob Sherwood; 12-23-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #16
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Since the SRAC represents the sportsman racers do you think they would be so kind as to come into this thread and let us know where they stand on it? I know there are a couple SRAC members viewing here, because I can see who's online on the bottom of the home page. I see 2 members names active that I listed yesterday.

I talked to NHRA Pat Cvengros yesterday, his words to me were that he's back in office January 11th if the SRAC submits a green light to him it will be put on the books immediately. They are willing to do it.

So please SRAC council members for Stock and Super stock, post in here and let us know where you stand on this.

Jim D'Amore
Old 12-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #17
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Jim, there is no earthly reason for any SRAC member to oppose this. I will contact Emmons in Div 4, and maybe everyone could contact a member. Thanks for the effort. I am glad Pat is involved, I have found him very reliable.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #18
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Sent mail in favor to Chairman of committee.
Everyone needs to help this one get attention. It is common sense....
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #19
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

NHRA has made it easy for us to contact them as their phone numbers and email addresses are listed everywhere. They are very accessible and approachable at race events as well. One of the first people I approached at a national event was Mark Lyle NHRA starter, extremely friendly and truly cares about the sportsman racers. Bruce Batchelder, Danny Gracia, Pat Cvengros, and Dave Ley have all been tremendously friendly and helpful since I've joined the NHRA in 2009.

I would have sent out more emails to the SRAC and the stock/super stock committee but after searching online I found limited access to email or phone contacts. One of the emails got bounced back to me and the other has not sent a reply yet. They were the only two I found.

Jeff Teuton,
Thank you it's always nice speaking with you.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #20
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

I sent Gary Emmons, Jimmy DeFrank, and Brad Zaskowski,