HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Shadylane

Liked 119 Times in 39 Posts
Default Tech Inspection Vegas Divisional

There have been discussions on here recently about the lack of through tech inspections, things may be changing a little bit at Divisionals. Don't know about National events as I haven't raced one yet.
One of the tech inspectors at the recent Vegas Divisional really looked over my car pretty closely. I've only been racing this car for a couple of years now and Tech has never given my car more than a cursory glance. Helmet, belts...have a good day! In fact several times previously they never asked to look under the hood. In Tucson they asked to look in the trunk but they did that for all the S/SS cars. I asked if they were looking for bodies, not amused.
This time at Vegas was an exception. I know a few of the Div 7 tech guys but didn't know the gentleman's name, he was pleasant enough.It took him 15 minutes to inspect the car. He really focused on the interior, checked the diameter of the roll bar, construction and in the trunk. Asked about the brand of harmonic balancer, had me remove the air cleaner, checked the carb return springs, looked at the carb and EGR spacer.
During the inspection the tech man excused himself to check with his boss on something as he put it. There were no issues.
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I think more of this should take place. Given that there were 450+ cars to tech I'm surprised that someone would take this much time on one car. I talked with several racers there and they were not checked like I was.
Maybe someone grumbled about the car (I'm not the conspiracy type), maybe it was a random check, not sure, just kind of a surprise. Again not complaining.

Kelly
Shadylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 405 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Tech Inspection Vegas Divisional

I’m sure it was random. When Charlene went to tech they basically just signed off on the tech card. Mine they checked under the hood, the trunk, and all safety equipment to make sure it was not expired. Nothing to worry about.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Dave Muller

Liked 221 Times in 71 Posts

I agree it's likely random. They took a closer than usual look at some items on my car in Fontana, though not as thorough as in this case, but I just got a cursory look-over in Vegas.
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadylane View Post
There have been discussions on here recently about the lack of through tech inspections, things may be changing a little bit at Divisionals. Don't know about National events as I haven't raced one yet.
One of the tech inspectors at the recent Vegas Divisional really looked over my car pretty closely. I've only been racing this car for a couple of years now and Tech has never given my car more than a cursory glance. Helmet, belts...have a good day! In fact several times previously they never asked to look under the hood. In Tucson they asked to look in the trunk but they did that for all the S/SS cars. I asked if they were looking for bodies, not amused.
This time at Vegas was an exception. I know a few of the Div 7 tech guys but didn't know the gentleman's name, he was pleasant enough.It took him 15 minutes to inspect the car. He really focused on the interior, checked the diameter of the roll bar, construction and in the trunk. Asked about the brand of harmonic balancer, had me remove the air cleaner, checked the carb return springs, looked at the carb and EGR spacer.
During the inspection the tech man excused himself to check with his boss on something as he put it. There were no issues.
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I think more of this should take place. Given that there were 450+ cars to tech I'm surprised that someone would take this much time on one car. I talked with several racers there and they were not checked like I was.
Maybe someone grumbled about the car (I'm not the conspiracy type), maybe it was a random check, not sure, just kind of a surprise. Again not complaining.

Kelly
Actually, the tech dept. was tipped off about your car. FAST Freddy Rector told the tech guys that you were on the SHADY side....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote