HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #111
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Carolina Class Racers Association

i believe he said exit 143 on the other page.......i got scheduled to work sat from 8 to 1...can someone let me know what is going on since ill be at the shop standing around not making any money
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #112
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

I will be there.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #113
Tilley2007

I'll be there as well.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #114
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

I checked with Beaver Bob today, and found out the Iron Tree trophies run around $50 altogether. Quite reasonable for what they are, I think. Crown Trophy makes them. I've got the guy's e-mail.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #115
Ronnie Hamlin

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

Jr.
You don't answer your phone....your voice mail is full. Call me.
Ronnie
Ronnie Hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #116
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

I cant clear my voice mail out. its not that I dont check it. Going to tmobile today to fix or cancel service. Ill be there at 11am today at The cutting board.

Herb Jr
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #117
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Smile Re: Carolina Class Racers Association

I wont make the meeting this time as I have one of my own to get to this evening near Rising Sun (Cecil County) to talk about the class racers association. Maybe next time. Good luck.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #118
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Carolina Class Racers Association (CCRA) Meeting from Jan. 24th.

**NOTE** These highlights are NOT set in stone. In general, here are some things that were discussed:

CCRA events
We're looking at the possibility of 4 events at Roxboro (Potentially April 11, June 13, Sept 12, Nov. 7), 2 at Piedmont, and 2 at Fayetteville. These races would be 'primary' CCRA races, with entry/payout/rules standard across the board.

Entry Fee: $80. CCRA Points Members will receive a $5 discount.

Purse Goal: Guaranteed $1,000 to win plus an Iron Tree trophy and Event Winner decal. Payout to begin with 3rd round Winners. Our hope is that even in the event of a short field, sponsorship funds make up any shortfall to be able to guarantee $1,000/win. Purse comprised of $75 per paid entry. The other $5 would go toward trophies, points fund, etc. as applicable. Payout scale is otherwise the same as the former Roxboro S/SS Series events: i.e.,

Ex.: 40 car field
$1,855 Win (plus Iron Tree trophy, Event Winner decal, $100 Gift Cert. for HPC Coatings)
$795 Runner-Up
$150 Semi
$100 Qtrs (4th round loser)

CCRA Race Format
1st Round Bye Run determined by Low R/T in the last round of qualifying.
1st Round: Random Pairing
2nd Round, drivers will be placed on a Sportsman Ladder based on winning 1st Round R/T.

Wild Card events
The Saturday night S/SS Combo races contested on Saturday nights at Div. 9 Pro-Am events would be eligible for Wild Card points. The entry/payout/rules at those events would remain at the discretion of the host track. They would be used as possible CCRA Points claims only, which will allow more people from a wider geographic area to be able to participate in the CCRA points chase. If buybacks are used at these events, drivers will NOT earn points after a buyback. These dates are Rockingham (Feb 28), Farmington (March 14), Mooresville (March 28), Kinston (May 23), and Jacksonville (June 6). (NOTE: Piedmont's Pro-Am event will not have a S/SS Combo event) These Wild Card events are like "out of division" claims. Drivers may earn CCRA Points at their first 2 Wild Card events.

CCRA Points
Drivers will earn points from their best 7 races from among the 8 CCRA main events, and a maximum of the first 2 Wild Card races attended.
3 Points for Entering (ie., 1st round loss)
1 Point per Round Won (except for rounds won after a buyback at a Wild Card race)

Drivers who attend Wild Card events before attending a CCRA event may sign up for points at their first CCRA event and retain any points earned at those Wild Card events. In all other cases, drivers will begin to accumulate points after they sign up for points.

The CCRA Points Champion will receive an Iron Tree trophy, championship decal, a Gold Card for the 2010 CCRA events (main events only, not Wild Card if applicable), and an embroidered championship jacket from Norton Embroidery.

A verbal agreement has been made for a points fund sponsor, but details on cash and/or product awards must wait until contract(s) have been signed. At that point, we can figure out how the Points Fund should be paid out. Additional sponsorship support is being sought for both events and for the points fund.

CCRA Points Membership
Cost to join the CCRA will be $25. Members will receive a membership card and decal(s).
(CCRA will be non-profit. Membership fees will go toward trophies, points fund, etc.)

Promotion
Website can be created/maintained by myself and/or Lee Norton, with info, schedule, results, points, and photos.
Graphic Design and decals by myself and Fuzzy Norton. I can also handle design and printing of membership cards and flyers/handout cards. The latter would be provided to the host tracks in order to help them promote the events and draw more spectators. I'm going to need a good hi-res pic of Donnie Moore, Jr.'s car on the bumper... thanks in advance.

Hopefully we can wrangle Angela Macy for photography at many of the events. :-)

- - - - -

I'm going to work on a few contacts I have to see what else we can acquire for sponsorship support. Everybody has a business, or knows someone... see what y'all can find on your end as well!

Again, these things are NOT written in stone. That being said.... Questions, Comments, or Suggestions?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #119
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

Nice Beard. We will have a paypal account set up for Membership fees and a PO Box address to send the information to. The final schedule will be out by Feb 7th. Thanks for those who attended.
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #120
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Carolina Class Racers Association

A couple of tech items that we addressed were heads up runs and the weighing of cars. Due to us not having funds to pay for a tech person and most tracks not having scales on site, we are going to run the first season w/out heads up runs. That's not to say it won't change in the future as our membership grows we can put this up for a vote. Also, it was decided that if you have a bye run you will not be required to make the run or take the tree. As Michael said, everything is not set in stone we still have to finish the schedule and talk to a couple of the tracks to see if they are interested in having us. One thing is certain, the four dates are set at Roxboro and there will be 8 events total. Beard...nice job on the recap and thanks for the effort and input everyone made at the meeting today. A special thanks to Cliff Porterfield who attended on behalf of Roxboro Motorsports to show their continued support of stock and superstock racing.