HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
kevintscott44

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default dallas raceway

i am suprised no one asked about the track event that happened and all of the mishap outside of the track and with the law. from what i heard several people got tickets going into the track and going out as well. with all of the laws there i felt like i was in lock down, like basic training in the military.

as far as the track goes, i think he still has a little more to go. but i think if we was to contact pat from no problem in louisiana, and get some help from him with seeing what will work and not work, i think this track will be here to stay for the long haul.

the facilities were very nice, he spent several dollars on them, the restrooms even had stained concrete which was very nice and looked like comercial grade cooking equipment.

the parking for the sportsman, still needs some details worked out though.
kevintscott44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: dallas raceway

Care to ellaborate? You'll never see anything negative in print on thr IHRA site or N's for that matter. Looks like normal Sportsman turnout when IHRA over reaches their geographic region. Joe
Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

You can only enter the track from the west as the track entry is actually on the offramp. Thus it doesn't take much to back traffic up on to the freeway and the Troopers don't like that.
My big complaint is the BIG barn on the spectator side......blocks the view of the burnout box and staging lanes from the spectator side. And in the afternoon you have to sit on the spectator side if you don't want the sun in your face. Plus the HUGE flag poles blocking part of the view.......I LOVE THE FLAGS but paid for a view....PLUS the TEXAS FLAG should be the same size and heigth as the US flag as TEXAS is the only state to have that right by law.
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #4
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Snopes says Texas has no special legal rights insofar as flags are concerned.

Check out http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

what exactly were the troopers upset about? What kind of warnings/tickets were they handing out?
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
BIGDAD

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I got called out of town on business lst minute so I was not able to attend the event

But, track has been only open for a couple weeks, I expected a few snafus

I'm not sure of actual number but, I bet its one of a very few to open in the last few years all considering, should be thankful !

Man, if you complain about the Texas flag and sun ... You can't be from Texas !!

Cheers !
BIGDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
what exactly were the troopers upset about? What kind of warnings/tickets were they handing out?
From what I have heard is that cars were backed up and stopped on the freeway and deemed hazardous by the State Troopers. It happened before at one of their first races and a number of citation were given out.
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

>>>"the troopers and deputies were right there to issue a citation in the amount of about $400. No warning, no redirection, just pure harassment."<<<

Ya gotta love those Texas law enforcemenent personnel...
Old 06-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
BIGDAD

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Don't forget ..

As tight as todays budgets are both local and state, you can bet they will write with no interest in any sound reason so, be careful ..everywhere !!
BIGDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
Kegracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All in all, I thought the race went well. I talked to several racers, and the National event in Topeka, with class runoff's did hurt. Hopefully next year, the schedule will be clean, and the race a little earlier... TX is hot in late May! Yes, the parking for sportsmen needs finished... yes, the stands on the spectator side are blocking the water box by the bathroom/concession stands a little. I will say they could use some seating a little further down track maybe... Nothing critical here. With all the rain we have had this spring, I thought they did a great job just getting the track finished on time... I hear there are plenty more improvements coming. We will just wait and see, but it is far nicer than a lot of tracks I have raced at already. As for the flags... as a racer, I can dial the wind off of them! Good placement for me.

Yes, the HP/cops were not playing very nice, and I feel the owner needs to talk to the county and the state... funny I can drive on the wrong side of the road leaving church or anywhere else they want me to, and they can sit on the side of the road in the median on I35 and take radar, but would not work with a new business bringing in a lot of money to the area...especially on bringing the trailers back from the holding lots... that was BS. I would bet the local economy made far more on the race than they did with a few tickets... bad side is that the locals are hearing that cops are busting everyone and telling each other to stay away. I am talking about the local test and tune and bracket racers, kids, etc. that tracks need. This was not very smart in my book.

The track worked very well for it being hot and sunny. The pro times were good. I made a few passes the week before, and hurt the car and did not get to race, but my times were good, and the track was smooth. I did not hear any complaints about the track from the racers.

The crowds Friday and Sunday were smaller than I would have liked, but Saturday had a good crowd. With a lack of early advertising in the metroplex, I thought it went pretty good. Oh yea, it was hot!

Ken Graham
Kegracing is offline   Reply With Quote