HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2018, 11:49 PM   #1
Bill Bogues

Liked 168 Times in 51 Posts
Cool Cam&Lifter& valvelash?

I've been wondering if I can do this: when nhra opened up the lifter rule allowing solid lifter in place of hyralic's, I thought it would be a good idea to try them on our 305.She turns it quite a bit higher that 7000 so I thought their might be something there.I was concerned about running them on the same cam but in the Comp master lobe chart it said the lobe profiles we were running would work with solid or Promagnum hydralic lifters.Since most of today's racing hydralic lifters are basically solid I thought I would try it out.It seemed to help with top end mph Quite a bit.My question is does anyone think I can zero lash the solid lifters? Since I zero lash the hydralics I can't see how it would hurt to try it on the solid's.Called comp today and they didn't seem to think It will work, but why would they put it in their catalog chart saying you could run both.I'd appreciate any thought on this.