HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #31
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 1983/84 GT Turbo stocker build

WE have changed directions with the computer and have installed a HOLLEY HP EFI system, A 5 gallon fuel cell and a Holley EFI fuel pump. Thanks to Mr Benoit with all your help on this project.. We are going this week to get a basic tune and then maybe to the track this weekend if things work out.. `The short block is wasted with my lack of tuning ability.. But i have a new one ready to assemble but i want to get a basic set up first and then install the new short block and turbo so I don't tear it up .. I'm supposed to take the car to the tuner wed night and Ill keep you guys informed..
Thanks

Scott
hutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #32
fred goodwin

Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutt1 View Post
WE have changed directions with the computer and have installed a HOLLEY HP EFI system, A 5 gallon fuel cell and a Holley EFI fuel pump. Thanks to Mr Benoit with all your help on this project.. We are going this week to get a basic tune and then maybe to the track this weekend if things work out.. `The short block is wasted with my lack of tuning ability.. But i have a new one ready to assemble but i want to get a basic set up first and then install the new short block and turbo so I don't tear it up .. I'm supposed to take the car to the tuner wed night and Ill keep you guys informed..
Thanks

Scott
I too am very interested in this build,im still trying to figure out the tuning of these 2.3 turbo cars as well.
fred goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 AM   #33
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After looking at everything we had to finish our new short block due to the stock pistons.so we are gonna be down a few more weeks then we are going to test for next year.. Ill keep everyone informed on the progress..

Scott
Old 11-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #34
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Progress... Well we installed another engine and had Derek Johnson with Modern Speed, help on the new Holley Fuel injection Tune. We have not been to the track yet but I know it pulls a lot better than it ever has. Maybe we can make some test hits this weekend and see what she will do.. Thanks to Marvin Benoit ,Angela Neely ,Holley EFI, Quick Fuel, Wayne Hutton , Derek Johnson for all your help so far.. Scott and Nick
Old 03-06-2016, 09:40 PM   #35
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nick Hutton and I took the Project stocker to the track today and made our first passes in a year thanks to Marvin Benoit Holley efi Wayne Hutton Derek Johnson. Our first pass in O/SA was 12.80 at 105 around 35 under the index with a ton left considering the shifter let the car go from 1st to 3rd . I only had 1 job today and that was to bring the laptop to tune the car and I picked up the wrong one! So we will try to get on the chassis dyno at Modern Speed in BG before our next time out and then make some passes.. I will keep you guys updated now we are back to working on he car again..
Scott
Old 03-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #36
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Making progress we installed new torque converter over the weekend and it looks promising.2800-3000 and 8 psi holding the brakes in the shop.. It builds boost now holding the bvrakes. Gonna go testing Saturday I hope at BG and we will see what this helps. Now taking the factory booster and master cylinder then installing a manual master cylinder..
Old 03-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #37
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well we are making progress very slowly.. We ran a 12.79 at only 101 its 35 and change under in O/SA and the engine is not happy.. The converter picked up 60' 2 tenths but only picked up the 1/8th mile 2 tenths again tune up.. We were on a pretty good pass and it blew the hose off from turbo to tb. It still went 13.45 at 103.89 coasting about 400 feet. I am not getting many pro stock Holley efi tuning job offers currently.. I don't understand it lol It's about time to start thinking about pulling the stock 100,000 mile short block and finish the new short block.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #38
hutt1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A quick update on the o/SA stocker .. Today we ran the bowling green combo race and The Holley HP EFI was doing a great job tuning. We were picking up about 7 Hun a pass we went from a 12.78 to a 12.71 to at 12.66 first round and could have been a 12.59 2nd round. Hopefully a 12.30 tomorrow but going into bracket mode after 2 hits. I'll update tomorrow night but pretty happy.. We have a converter issue we will have to work on next week ..
Old 04-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #39
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Good to meet you today Hutt...sorry I missed your runs, but I was dealing with my junk at the time lol.

I'll be back in the morning with the Camaro in tow this time. I'll be sure to check in and maybe take a video of your car. What time are they going to begin tm?
Old 04-17-2016, 11:47 PM   #40
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Waiting for his first victim...video to follow when upload is complete.

On the way to a final qualifying pass of 12.61...

Last edited by HandOverFist; 04-18-2016 at 12:09 AM.
HandOverFist is offline   Reply With Quote