HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rob Holden, Ryan Boniferro and Roy Lister Clean Up at GBM!!!

Four of the final six cars were TNTSS regulars... on both days!

If close sportsman drag racing is what you're looking for, then you didn't have to go any further than the IHRA Mopar Nitro Jam Nationals this past weekend at Grand Bend Motorplex.

In the Hot Rod class, regular competitors from the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series were making their mark. Rob Holden (Parkhill, Ont), Roy Lister (Welland, Ont) and Ryan Boniferro (Niagara Falls, Ont) all made it to final rounds.

On Saturday it was Rob Holden winning the Iron Man by trimming the tree with an .007 and running 10.911 to defeat Ryan Boniferro and his .021, 10.918 package.

Both drivers were sharp all day. On his way to the final, Holden defeated the likes of Tom Slavinski, Larry Pulver, Chris Black and Roy Lister. He says he had trouble with the tree early on, but you wouldn't have known it. "The truck bailed me out running dead on a couple of times," he said.

"I have to thank McGee Farm Services and Lewis Automotive in Parkhill, Hutch's Transmission, GPC Racing Engines and of course my wife Marion."

Saturday's runner-up Ryan Boniferro is new to the Hot Rod class and is having an outstanding rookie season. He currently sits third in the TNTSS championship points chase and is a strong contender for 2013 Balancing Act Rookie of the Year award. Boniferro's path to the final included putting out Andrew Stirk, Nick Karas and Patrick Forster. Tough competition for sure but not surprising when his average reaction time all day was .010 with his worst light an .021. In addition to his runner-up on Saturday, Boniferro also went to the quarter-finals on Sunday.

"I have to thank my wife Anastazie, my mom & dad (Cathy & Joe Boniferro), my brothers (Joe, Pat & Nick) along with Bubba Lou and Scotty Bowman," commented Boniferro. "And the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series for the great seat time!"

Sponsors on the 1978 Camaro include Joe's Transmission, Boniferro Speed & Custom, Mitch at Pro Racing Fuels and Fred at The Meat Shoppe.

Sunday's action saw Roy Lister and his 1968 Camaro in the winner's circle. With his worst light all day being .022 and an average light of .009, this too was no surprise.

In the final, Lister defeated Chris Black when Black went red. Lister was right there however with an .004 on the tree just in case.

His path to the Iron Man saw him defeat Wayne Sipos, Sam LoVetro Jr, Randy Sell and Kevin Orr. Lister was on his game on Saturday as well posting a semi-final finish, losing to eventual winner Rob Holden.

Not bad for his first outing in 2013. "The car was dead nuts consistent all day," commented Lister.

But the weekend wasn't without some challenges. "We just got the car together, came out here Friday and on the first pass, the stop didn't come on and no shifter either," he added. Turns out there were electrical problems. "Then on Sunday, we had to change the water pump going into the semi's." Thankfully for Lister, his new self-locking hood pins performed flawlessly.

He was quick to thank his wife Tara. "It was Tara that told me to come this weekend. I've been so busy at work. She said I needed a break." He also wanted to thank Dave Surmatchewski & family, Jeff & Coralin Lewis, Pete Fedun, Joe Fioravanti, Rob Becker, Kevin & Laurie Orr and Scott Jahren for getting his car back together in time for the race.

"I have to thank Ted Barnes and Joe Boniferro for the TNT Super Series. We really wouldn't be competitive at this level without the seat time the TNTSS gives us," he added.

For more on the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country, visit www.tntsuperseries.com and see how you can become part of the action.