HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default 2-car open trailer questions.......

Are all 2-car open trailers triple axle? What are the average lengths....will they carry 2 older Full-Size race cars?
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
CFM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 2-car open trailer questions.......

Not neccessarily. I had one built with dual axles. Actually easier on tires when turning. Most standard 2 haulers are 32'. I ordered mine 36 because I was hauling 2 full size Impalas.

Might want to check with www.HGRSTRAILER.com. They have a gooseneck 2 car available, once owned by the famous LEGEND himself.

Or, if you want to have one built to your specs check out:
http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com...-long-93998646

Last edited by CFM; 04-01-2009 at 06:43 PM.
CFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

I have a 34 ft 2 car open trailer. It came with 14 inch tires triple axle. I put 15's on it and braced the center of it up and its a totally different trailer. THe only thing I dont like about it is the surge brakes. We hauled 2 full sized cars on it at 3200 lbs each with no problems.

Herb Jr
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The heavier axles and bigger wheels and tires you put on the trailer will make your road life much easier. And try to get 3 axles if possible. Esp with that much weight.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
70NovaPRP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Contact http://www.appalachiantrailers.com/ . We ordered our trailer as a tag, that fits in our 40 foot shop, this is great because we just back the trailer with cars loaded in after a long day of racing, takes all of 5 minutes and then we are done for the evening. I believe the total length is around 38.5 feet nose to tail. It fits my 70 Nova, not a super long car and not a lot of overhang, and a 78 Camaro, lots of length and overhang. They fit fine and it tows like a dream. Tandem 7000 lb axles 8 bolt 16" wheels and it doesn't wear tires nor do they get hot while towing long distances. We figure total weight to be right around 10,000 lbs. Here is a picture with our old truck hooked up. It was extremely reasonably priced, I believe at the time it was just at $4000 out the door. They are showing a little higher than that now but they have some options ours doesn't have. We did however get the 8' aluminum ramps with ours, they are way lighter and offer a better approach angle than the shorter ramps.

Last edited by 70NovaPRP; 04-02-2009 at 12:09 PM.
70NovaPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.....not ready to make a purchase yet....A lot of things have to be taken care of before we get back to the track! Doesn't look good for 2009.....looking at bringing 1 car to track vs 2....single car trailer and possible ramp truck vs 2 car trailer and Suburban....Might end up with single car operation due to economy....but having an extra "space" is always a plus!
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
bobby

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We don't have garage that long. We had to get this to haul two cars. Does make it nice about not having to unload after a long day at the track. But makes it a pain when we need to work on them.

http://www.cambirdracing.com/pics_r_us.html