Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2019, 10:44 PM   #11
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: Congrats Sam Reuland !

"Here's the history on the white '71 Firebird:..."

Alan,THANKS for all the details. I really appreciate it. Love to know the history of Pontiac Stock/SS race cars.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:04 AM   #12
muel7

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

First off, thanks everyone for the congratulations. Much appreciated and it took a little while.

Now, as for the controversy with the qualifying sheets. My dad and I do race a '11 Challenger, which we have had out for little over a year now. A few years ago we ran the Firebird at Kearney and their computers just didn't update the drivers with their new cars. Hence, Dad and I and at least one other driver had the wrong car listed.

I appreciated the history of the Firebird that was listed, and it is essentially correct. My dad and Kenny, Harry, and Denny Axemaker are first cousins. They started racing in '77 when they built the '72 GTO that we still own today and is shown in those pictures. The Firebird was parked for round-a-bout a decade when Dad asked Ken, the sole owner, if we could race it again. Ken graciously lent us the car while we, and Harry, supplied the parts. We raced it from 2007 until late 2017 when we parked it in order to complete work on the Challenger. Ken sold it over the winter last year and it remains in the area in the hands of Dan Johnson. The GTO will be brought back out next year as a secondary car with a new paint scheme.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #13
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts

"...The GTO will be brought back out next year as a secondary car with a new paint scheme."

Glad to hear that ! There use to be lots of '60's & '70's GTO's on tracks all over the country. Now there are VERY few.

I'd like to keep up with your GTO. Maybe you could post info about it's return to the track, in the "Class Racer Builds" section. ???
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked