HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 01-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
355Mustang

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Mustang Help

Looking for some help from the Mustang guys. I have a 84 Mustang bracket car with a 460hp small block, it has a 8 point cage, the front suspension is a tubular front K member with coil over strut conversion, the rear is 3 way adjustable coil over shocks and aftermarket control arms non adjustable. Last year was the first year out with the car and only made a few passes and the car ran very well and quite consistant. My problem is that it is picking the drivers front wheel 8 inches or more off the ground but the passengers front is just barely touching the track. when it transfers weight it all seems to go to the passengers rear.. Will adjustable upper and lower rear control arms help straighten out the car when tranfering weight? Competition engineering has adjustable lowers that also have a bracket that fastens to the stock location on the rear end and gives you 3 different adjustment holes. New to this so any help is greatly apreciated

Thanks
355Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
STEVEB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mustang Help

My advise would be to install an adjustable antiroll bar, my brother and I ran an '85 coupe with a 388 cleveland and were having he same problem,we installed a competion enginering kit made for these cars and it worked pefect.
STEVEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Sean Marconette

Liked 165 Times in 60 Posts

It sounds like corner weights with the coil springs need adjusted.

Sean
Sean Marconette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
355Mustang

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice STEVEB I notice alot of Mustangs were haveing this problem so I thought someone on here would have gone through the same thing. Do you have stock suspension under the rear of your car? And you said that anti roll bar way made for these cars my carwas back halfed and mini tubbed so I would need something that is universal.
355Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
STEVEB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Our car was a stock stvle suspension, with a 10" tire doudle adjustable upper arms, weight jacker lower arms, stock v8 rear springs and QA1 double adjustable stocker star rear shocks, the anti roll bar was a Comp Eng. designed for the Fox body Mustangs. Comp eng part # C2020
STEVEB is offline   Reply With Quote