HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
REDGAR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Super Street 10.90

I was wondering with so many street cars running in the 10's do you guys see any street cars enter this class?

I have 10.60 Corvette and was thinking about trying this class. I don't have a stop so would have to go 10.90 with tuning and weight control but not sure I can run a whole season. I was thinking of entering a div 1 race at E-town or Atco maybe.

it is all run right?
REDGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super Street 10.90

Mike Rhehl of Newark Ohio has a beautiful 84 Monte Carlo, back halved, big block that runs barely under the 10.90 index. He can and somtimes drives it to the track. He drove it to the track and entered it in the pontiac excitement nats (formerly Spring nats) in Columbus one time. He is VERY successful with it in S/ST
Look at some division 3 photos from WWW.autoimagery.com from last season and look for a black monte with no decals on it.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Redgar, it is a all run class. First thing is get a rule book.
You need to have a roll bar to go 10.90 or 135 mph after that you need a roll cage.
You will need a 5 point harness that is SFI. I would look into this before heading to a Div Race and trying to enter S/ST. Mike's Monte is very cool but i know he has a cage in it.

Last edited by SSTRACER323; 09-08-2008 at 07:20 PM.
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
Travis Salter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You do not see it very often BUT it is possible. You will most likely be the lowest MPH car in SST but if you are good on a .500 PRO tree and know how to drive the stripe than i would give it a try. I run SST in DIV 4 and and down here there are not any street cars that come to any divisional or national that i can think of and i go to almost all of them in DIV 4. It does not hurt to try and good luck to you.
Travis Salter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
sst1988

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: Super Street 10.90

good luck with the try.. but i bet everybody will follow you too the lanes!!!!!
sst1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You have to start somewhere, but like Lee stated a rule book should be the first thing you get. Also I hope that 10.60 is when the air is lousy and it's about 100 deg or your in trouble.........I've run Mike, and that Monte Carlo will give you all you want.....But the Div / Nat races are the only way to go, you get to meet some of the best racers out there. And some of them like to party (hard) after the days racing is done...........

Last edited by Bob Verwold; 09-09-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Ed Swearingen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Ed Swearingen

Redgar, by all means -- go for it. Bob Verwold is correct when he says you'll meet some of the greatest folks in drag racing and you can be competitive with your setup. Charlie McCulloch, who is our defending S/ST champion here at Silver Dollar Raceway dials his Mustang in with weight. He runs around 122 mph and has won our NHRA LODRS event in past years by being close on the tree and dialing honestly and letting the other guy make the mistake of taking the stripe.

I do basically the same thing with my '67 Camaro, except I use an "Adjustaflow" carb, a vacuum secondary with a stop. Using this combination has resulted in two track championships here at Silver Dollar since '01 and currently I am second in points. It can be done.

I wish you were closer to Silver Dollar so you could run in our CSR/Fort Wayne Citgo Super Street Series. We do it on the second and fourth Saturday of each month and are having a great time with it.

Thanks,
Ed Swearingen
Ed Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The DIV. race @ silver dollar is a great race,I would recommend it to all racers not just S/ST.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
Ed Swearingen

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Ed Swearingen

Thanks, Bryan, for the kind words about our LODRS! We favor S/ST racing here and always pay the same purse to S/ST as we do to S/G. We also put a $50 bounty on me. There's always a big race to staging to pair up with me for the first round.

We also run a series for S/ST sponsored by CSR and Fort Wayne Rest Stop here in Reynolds. We run it on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month unless there's a LODRS in D 2 or a close one in D 3. We're having a lot of fun with it. Details are at www.silverdollarraceway.com on the "News" page.
Ed Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
SUPER STREET ROB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Super Street 10.90

After hearing great thins about silver dollar i will be going down there for the lords race in october. It will be a long haul from maryland but it sounds like a really great time. I would like to find out what the schedule is for that weekend so any info would be a great help. Thanks rob
SUPER STREET ROB is offline   Reply With Quote