HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 01-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #41
Wild Wild West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: .370 back to .400 Pro Tree

"Here's a little food for thought. This is happening at the same time as the dissolve of IHRA .90 classes.They can come race NHRA without rebuilding their whole car to do so."

This is not a completely true statement. There are/were a lot of IHRA Super Rod (9.90/6.40) cars that would/will not pass a chassis certification for one reason or another. Now I am not saying that all those cars that won't pass are not safe, they just do not meet the current requirements to be certified. Case in point is my own car, it was built back in the 1980's and the mild steel tubing thickness will not ultrasound to meet today's standards. So I would have to spend thousands to upgrade my chassis to pass certification in NHRA. As a reminder, the IHRA didn't require a chassis to be certified unless the vehicle was faster than 6.00 in the 1/8th mile. Hence Super Rod cars (6.40 index) did not have to have a certified chassis.
Wild Wild West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:40 PM   #42
Regan Wilson

Liked 125 Times in 65 Posts
Default Re: .370 back to .400 Pro Tree

I was talking about the ability to cut a light. Not about the safety of the cars. It's not run what ya brung.
Regan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote