HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
slowstocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that all NHRA tracks should be required to have good pit spots this whole thing is becoming unreal.
And people wonder why I don?t race as much as I used to.
As far as a fine taking my rig out, and they wanted to fine me I would just tell them to ck their mail.
All this crap is getting out hand, when I raced IHRA I was never treated that way and I have been racing since I was 16 and now 58.

slowstocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #22
grant racing

Thank God for two days of sunshine. It appears that most people got their rigs out. Exception Stan Holt. Of course he lives in Houston, maybe he can wait for dry conditions. His appears to be a very bad deal. A wrecker could not move him I was told.
As for the schedule, fortunatly it works for me but I am sure that it sucks for many people. I would have suggested it be run after Saturday qualifing since Dallas doesn't have a curfew(I think) . We will be running after dark anyway.
I guess everyone was as glad as I was to get my rig home. When I arrived in Houston at 11:30PM Thursday, everything worked and no one had messed with anything. When the tractor driver looked at my situation, he said OH! you're the one in the big mudhole. However, since we had moved everyone else out of the way. Mine came out without a hitch. Beleive me prayer works.
I hope everyone else was able to get home in as good of condition as I was. It was a very good call to cancell the race for this weekend. I was back home just a little after dark.
What are the current and projected conditions?
Richard

Old 04-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #23
Larry Sullivan

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Saturday morning, 9 a.m. - cloudy and COLD! It's 49 degrees, wind chill 43, and the green blob is marching across I-10 just like it did last weekend. the front edge is close to Katy, so Baytown should get wet at 10 a.m., right on schedule.

- Larry
Larry Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #24
Larry Sullivan

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

The rain slowed down, didn't start raining in baytown until almost 11 - not heavy, just a nice, steady drizzle. And it got colder - now 46 degrees, with 20 mph winds.

See ya in Ennis.

- Larry
Larry Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote