HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 04-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WARNING! The facts about Applied Nitrous Technologies

I am not one to slander and certainly not one to spread rumors. Therefore I have made sure I had all of my facts straight about this before I posted. I want to make sure no one else gets burnt like I did. I will only present the facts as I know them.

Fact: After the Joliet div race last year we paid Jeff Prock with Applied Nitrous Technologies to help us set up our EFI and Nitrous.

Fact: We spent somewhere between $3000-4000 to switch to his program/setup

Fact: He told me that although he prefered to setup an engine on the dyno he would be able to get me very close without dyno time.

Fact: We strugled the next few races, finally coughing 2 fireballs out of the hoodscoop at Bowling green.

Fact: We made several phone calls for support and recieved limited help.

Fact: We made the decision to take our engine down to Jeff's shop for him to set it up on the dyno. Jeff said he was waiting on a part for the dyno and as soon as it came in we could come down.

Fact: We packed everything up and were ready to go. We made numerous calls checking on the status of the dyno.

Fact: His wife was very rude to us and finally told us they didn't think they wanted to do business with us anymore.

Fact: We sat out the rest of a season with a motor that wouldn't run correctly.

Fact: Recently we took our motor up to Steve Schmidt's shop to have it freshened and after less than 25 passes it had $7000.00 worth of damage due to a poor tune up.

Fact: Running total somewhere around $10,000.00 if you don't include any of our wasted time going to races and not running right.

Again I want to stress that I am only posting the facts. It cost us lots of money and a wasted season and we have nothing to show for it. I think that Jeff is a very good tuner. However he is too busy to take care of all of his customers and therefore provided us with an inferior product that cost us our motor. He doesn't know how to treat customers and his wife is worse than he is. She was rude and condesending to me and my wife on the phone. Very unprofessional.

We are curently seeking a new tuner. I have been talking with Dave from FAST and it sounds like he is going to meet me at Schmidt's to help me with a setup. Although if anyone knows of someone that does this sort of work, I am open for ideas.

Please don't be fooled by Applied Nitrous Technologies!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
sc125

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tracy Dennis Sunset Race Craft

http://www.sunsetracecraft.com/

sc125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Certainly Dave @ Fast is capable.....Tracy is very knowledgable....and both of them are good guys....Tracy is entered in St. louis....you could probably talk with him face to face....

CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Dot90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have run EFI for a few years and dealt with five different reputable tuners. If you'd like to email me your contact info I'd be happy to share with you my experiences with them.

Jack
nealjp@comcast.net

Dot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
DOS VETTES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wonder if they sell Medical grade nitrous? We could use his set up and get as screwed up as your motor was!!!!!!!! BAD DEAL!!![:-stong-:]

DOS VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
Big Dog racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would have to differ with you....Applied Nitrous and owner Jeff have been great to my teamate Chris Rini...They have taken his calls from Mon to Sun and all hours of the day, tons of tunning advice, dyno'd his motor, plumbed two manifolds and read plugs all the time for him.

His new wife Deda is a pleasure and at any big race supporting her husbands company and Embee that she works for. U can't say a bad thing about her!!!!

I am a Speedtech customer and they have been great to me and done right by me from day one...But would not think twice about using Applied for his services....Jeff can sure make some power and make them live tooo.

I actually had the pleasure to meet Jeff this weekend at the National Event in Atlanta...He came by our trailer 5 times to see if my buddy was Ok and even asked if I was doing alright.

I hope you have better experience with who ever you try...but bashing another mans living on the internet is just childish....Hope one day we all don't cross paths on the starting line....Because you better have your new **** right.

Again not looking to start a war....Just hate seeing people bash others lively hoods on the internet.

Big Dog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Big Dog racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Play Nice
Big Dog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Big dog.

I really am glad that your partner is having a good experience with Applied. As I mentioned before, I have no doubt that Jeff is a great tuner. I am very dissapointed that things didn't work out with him and I. However, I don't really feel like I am "bashing" anyone. I simply stated the facts. We had a very bad experience that cost us a lot of money. All I did was pass that on to others. It is up to them to form their own oppinions.

-Ryan

Old 07-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #9
585bird

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WARNING! The facts about Applied Nitrous Technologies

Jeff Prock is the biggest pos our race team ever dealt with .
585bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #10
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: WARNING! The facts about Applied Nitrous Technologies

I don't know a lot about Jeff. but I have dealt with Steve Johnson at induction solutions for a few of my customers, and his stuff was spot on. I don't know if he would be able help with the efi stuff, but his nitrous set ups have been trouble free and very fast.

Last edited by Mark Markow; 07-22-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Mark Markow is offline   Reply With Quote