HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Class Racers Association

Old 02-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Ronnie Hamlin

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
Default Questions for CCRA

Personally I think this is a great idea but I have a few questions....
1) Has the paypal account been set up yet so people can join?
2) Is there going to be periodic meetings to discuss the direction of the group?
3) Are officers going to be elected by the members?
4) Has anyone discussed with an attorney the legalitys of forming an association?
Possibly all of these issues were discussed at the first meeting 2 weeks ago, but I was unable to attend due to playing catch up at work. I have spoken with several old class racers from years past who like me have decided to come out to play again.....should be interesting!
Ronnie Hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Questions for CCRA

This was posted by Michael Beard after the initial meeting:
Quote:
Carolina Class Racers Association (CCRA) Meeting from Jan. 24th.

**NOTE** These highlights are NOT set in stone. In general, here are some things that were discussed:

CCRA events
We're looking at the possibility of 4 events at Roxboro (Potentially April 11, June 13, Sept 12, Nov. 7), 2 at Piedmont, and 2 at Fayetteville. These races would be 'primary' CCRA races, with entry/payout/rules standard across the board.

Entry Fee: $80. CCRA Points Members will receive a $5 discount.

Purse Goal: Guaranteed $1,000 to win plus an Iron Tree trophy and Event Winner decal. Payout to begin with 3rd round Winners. Our hope is that even in the event of a short field, sponsorship funds make up any shortfall to be able to guarantee $1,000/win. Purse comprised of $75 per paid entry. The other $5 would go toward trophies, points fund, etc. as applicable. Payout scale is otherwise the same as the former Roxboro S/SS Series events: i.e.,

Ex.: 40 car field
$1,855 Win (plus Iron Tree trophy, Event Winner decal, $100 Gift Cert. for HPC Coatings)
$795 Runner-Up
$150 Semi
$100 Qtrs (4th round loser)

CCRA Race Format
1st Round Bye Run determined by Low R/T in the last round of qualifying.
1st Round: Random Pairing
2nd Round, drivers will be placed on a Sportsman Ladder based on winning 1st Round R/T.

Wild Card events
The Saturday night S/SS Combo races contested on Saturday nights at Div. 9 Pro-Am events would be eligible for Wild Card points. The entry/payout/rules at those events would remain at the discretion of the host track. They would be used as possible CCRA Points claims only, which will allow more people from a wider geographic area to be able to participate in the CCRA points chase. If buybacks are used at these events, drivers will NOT earn points after a buyback. These dates are Rockingham (Feb 28), Farmington (March 14), Mooresville (March 28), Kinston (May 23), and Jacksonville (June 6). (NOTE: Piedmont's Pro-Am event will not have a S/SS Combo event) These Wild Card events are like "out of division" claims. Drivers may earn CCRA Points at their first 2 Wild Card events.

CCRA Points
Drivers will earn points from their best 7 races from among the 8 CCRA main events, and a maximum of the first 2 Wild Card races attended.
3 Points for Entering (ie., 1st round loss)
1 Point per Round Won (except for rounds won after a buyback at a Wild Card race)

Drivers who attend Wild Card events before attending a CCRA event may sign up for points at their first CCRA event and retain any points earned at those Wild Card events. In all other cases, drivers will begin to accumulate points after they sign up for points.

The CCRA Points Champion will receive an Iron Tree trophy, championship decal, a Gold Card for the 2010 CCRA events (main events only, not Wild Card if applicable), and an embroidered championship jacket from Norton Embroidery.

A verbal agreement has been made for a points fund sponsor, but details on cash and/or product awards must wait until contract(s) have been signed. At that point, we can figure out how the Points Fund should be paid out. Additional sponsorship support is being sought for both events and for the points fund.

CCRA Points Membership
Cost to join the CCRA will be $25. Members will receive a membership card and decal(s).
(CCRA will be non-profit. Membership fees will go toward trophies, points fund, etc.)

Promotion
Website can be created/maintained by myself and/or Lee Norton, with info, schedule, results, points, and photos.
Graphic Design and decals by myself and Fuzzy Norton. I can also handle design and printing of membership cards and flyers/handout cards. The latter would be provided to the host tracks in order to help them promote the events and draw more spectators. I'm going to need a good hi-res pic of Donnie Moore, Jr.'s car on the bumper... thanks in advance.

Hopefully we can wrangle Angela Macy for photography at many of the events. :-)

- - - - -

I'm going to work on a few contacts I have to see what else we can acquire for sponsorship support. Everybody has a business, or knows someone... see what y'all can find on your end as well!

Again, these things are NOT written in stone. That being said.... Questions, Comments, or Suggestions?
Herb or Tracy should be able to answer the rest.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Ronnie, these are all things that we discussed at the meeting but have not been accomplished yet. This deal is going to take a little time to completely put together but our intention is address all the topics you posted.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
Ronnie Hamlin

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks for your response Tracy, and for your efforts in putting this together.
Ronnie Hamlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
Tilley2007

Thumbs up Re: Questions for CCRA

Hey Tracy, let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks to everyone who is putting their time and effort into getting this association together.