HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
CWhitney

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Weather Stations?

Does anyone have any recommendations? Altronics Easy to use?

Thanks in advance
Chris Whitney
CWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: Weather Stations?

Chris, check with "Alta-Lab" many racers use that product.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

Chris, also note; while a weather station is valid to help understand performance changes, it is just another tool. There is no substitute for keeping good records and paying attention to how your car changes with conditions.

Go into the usage of a weather station expecting it to give you a guide but not to be dead-on in all situations.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I like the Altronics stuff. I had the hand held for a year or so. Then came on a good deal on a weather station with pagers and more options. They have a feature that will show bad runs that are entered. Which helps keep the junk runs out of your data base but you still need to pay attention to what you are putting in it. I think the best part is the customer service. Always willing to help and if you ever have a problem with it. As soon as they get it in they get it fixed and right back out. I messed up the keyboard on mine. Sent it in on a Monday and had it back by Friday. Not sure if she still works there as its been a long time since I needed their help. But when you get in a real bind and cant figure something out ask for Kate. If she cant fix it over the phone you broke it real good. LOL And if you ever have a chance to go see Fred do his sales pitch and explain how weather stations work. Go see it no matter what brand you get. I saw it at the drag expo years ago. He gives away alot of good info.

Last edited by Rob Petrie E395; 05-20-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #5
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Computech

Nick Morris
FGT/F
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
Capri

Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts

We use and stock the Computech Race Air Pro. Their product is great and their contingency checks are nice too.
Capri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts

Altalb and Crew Chief Pro if you can afford it.

Bought a used Altalab trailer station sent it to them for evaluation it was updated, checked and fixed everything for a more than fair cost, only sold me what I needed just very honest people.

Don and Michele from Crew Chief Pro are very helpful and easy to contact for help.

Not a big fan of Altronics as a company.
Have had a trailer station for over 10 years sent it back for calibration and updates at least every 2 years.
Last season the humidity sensor was acting up so sent it back to check, calibrate and update. The young man who worked on it was very nice called letting me know what it was going to cost, called back with the problem and fixed it without parts or additional charges.

My issue is the cost: An additional $100 dollars because it was old.
A good customer who sent the weather station back regularly was charged a penalty fee because their product was still useable after 10 years.
The young man was doing what he was told I could sense he was uneasy about the penalty charge am sure not everyone handled it as well as I.

Nice way to do business charge a customer extra for using their product too long a customer who paid to keep it in good condition. What a slap in the face. Of course they offer a discount on a new weather station.
Am sure I am not the only one with this experience.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

We received our contingency check from Computech this week, three weeks after the race! They are the first to pay! Great company and product!

Nick
FGT/F
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #9
Altronics
Sponsor

Liked 58 Times in 9 Posts

[QUOTE=

Not a big fan of Altronics as a company.
Have had a trailer station for over 10 years sent it back for calibration and updates at least every 2 years.
Last season the humidity sensor was acting up so sent it back to check, calibrate and update. The young man who worked on it was very nice called letting me know what it was going to cost, called back with the problem and fixed it without parts or additional charges.
.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you are not happy with the service on your 10 YEAR old electronic system. Yes we do charge more for systems over ten years old because the components used back 10+ years ago have been replaced with newer and better electronic components and now we must pay a premium to source the type used 10+ years ago. I am sorry if you feel we are over charging, but go try to get your 10+ year old TV or PC repaired and let me know what they tell you.

Last edited by Altronics; 06-09-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Altronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #10
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Weather Stations?

Hey Fred maybe you should follow up on the particular transaction before making a comment.

There were no parts required the weather station was sent in to be checked out and calibrated/updated. There was a problem with the humidity sensor which some cleaning took care of.
Your tech did not install any parts as a matter of fact he was very nice as well as apologetic for the additional "$100 old still working unit extra charge" and assured me there would be no additional fee. Your company policy is to charge extra to service your products if they last too long............

I was charged an additional fee because it is old.Plain and Simple.
I want to continue using this item I paid good money for, sent back to you for calibration and updates regularly.
I "was" your customer.

You have certainly assured that there is no reason to be a fan of your company your products may be good but your customer's satisfaction is placed well behind your ego.