HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Jason Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New Meat for the Grinder

How it going fellas?...and ladies. First let me introduce myself, my name is Jason Robertson from Lake Jackson, Tx. HRP, now royal purple raceway will be my home track with trips to the surrounding tracks. Ive worked on alcohol fc with jay payne, fuel diggers and fc for quite a few teams mainly with AJPE and DSR. I have basically retired from fuel racing after my wife and i had our first child 4 years ago. it was just too much road time with a baby involved. Ive been looking for something that will hold my interest so i just recently purchased my first comp dragster. its a 230 hardtail brink chassis. i dont know if anyone knows the names but it was built for ben brown(dallas), was later driven by scooter choate and now im purchasing it as a complete car minus engine with an enclosed trailer. This will be my first foray into index racing and im sure the learning curve is going to be painfully steep early on. Im going to build my own powerplant since thats what i did for a living for 10 years on fuelies. Just curious what kind of hp im going to need to make to run .7 or so under the index? car will be 2000-2050# will .7 under keep the car competitive mechanically or do i need to shoot for a little more? i understand that index racing is a drivers and numbers game, and my driving skills, or lack there of are the most important. i also understand that you need something solid under your right foot in order to put yourself in a position to be competitive. im thinking about a hughes converter. any other suggestions converter wise? thanks in advance for yalls time, and i hope your hungry, cause here comes some more meat for the grinder.
Jason Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
frank v

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New Meat for the Grinder

Are you running comp or super comp?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Jason Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

going to run s/c....im not familiar with the class designation in ihra, but whatever their 8.90 class is also on whims
Old 04-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Jason Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

alot of super pro to get used to the car....
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
RacingRicki
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can't go wrong with a Hughes converter for super racing. I'd shoot for a little more than .7 under. It all depends on your budget and if you like to be chased or do the chasing.
RacingRicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Jason Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm on a modest but practical budget. And putting a 700 to 800 hp big block tohether is in the plans so I hope I'm not being chased like a rabbit everywhere I go. I wanna do a little chasing and side by side dualing. I hope this package will allow me to do some of everything. Ill just have to concede to being chased by the 540 plus inch big block guys.I just want to be sure to have a competitive ride and not run out of stop because its 3 in the afternoon and 100 degrees outside.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Jason Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone here from my area? (Houston)Lake Jackson