HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Default 4-Wide?

Well I wasn't very fond of the idea last year but, I figured I would give it 1 more chance this year since they changed the tree and all but, just did nothing for me at all again (I actually turned ESPN off after 1st round). I mean keep it as a exhibition race similar like the Winston Showdown or No Bull Showdown from years ago but, not a points race. Trust me I'm not a huge fan of the Pro's and Pukers but, unfortunatly we have to live with them cause they are not going anywhere anytime soon.
To Me It just seemed more confusing and why would you keep the same 7 second rule in place for cars after they light the stage bulb? You don't have 2 cars staging rather you have 4 cars. It's prob great to be there and have 32,000 horsepower hit you all at once but, they said it correct on the ESPN telecast when they said it's a "Circus". I would vote a big NO to having another 4-wide nationals but, we all know what happened last year when everyone voiced their dislike....everyone got their hands slapped and you could tell a few drivers were holding their breath when they were asked about the 4-wide and if they liked it.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: 4-Wide?

all anyone had to do was listen to Force last night on wind tunnel. He didn't say he liked it it or not, but he said NHRA tells them to race 4 wide, so that is what they do.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Unless you watch it on TV, with all of the slo-mo and reruns, I can't imagine you actually get to see any of the action. I can't believe too many, watching live at the track, knew what was happening when Shane Gray got timed out and caused all of the weird results. There is just too much going on for any real enjoyment.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman
Talking Re: 4-Wide?

I am a racer and a fan, 4 WIDE was way cool. I hated the idea, thought it sucked, but when my ***** was in fan mode it was over the top. I went only to see for myself. Not fond of complaning from a distance, I did enjoy it. The time out (by Shane Gray) was not confussing, Bob Fry, Alllen R. and Leo T. did a great job keeping both fans and racers up to speed. If you have been there and like it, or not, thats fine. Please dont judge a date you never went on cause this race was pretty neat in its own way. No I do not want 4 wide all the time, but once a year yes, points? Well I am not a pro so I have no right to an oppinion on points. Rock On Jack Beckman!!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
all anyone had to do was listen to Force last night on wind tunnel. He didn't say he liked it it or not, but he said NHRA tells them to race 4 wide, so that is what they do.
He was pretty restrained wasn't he? Gray contributing to Line's loss drew some restrained criticism by the Summit team. Notice they don't stick a microphone in WJ's face after a loss anymore...gee, wonder why NHRA?
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote