HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
Don Fardie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Doubble bulbed?

Yea what a way to impress the corporate big wigs at the Summit Nationals. Not really the time to play games!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Don Sofranko

Liked 111 Times in 28 Posts

Can anyone answer this...

Why does Rick Stewart raise him arm, while apparently flipping the switch, with both cars staged on the starting line?

It appears to me, he often is manually starting both cars, as if autostart isn't even on. I have heard that autostart can be turned off, all the way.

On nitromater today, Jeff Foster claimed that he is merely activating autostart when 3 bulbs are on. That would mean that, the big gesture he likes to make, is just to turn on autostart? I don't buy it, I think he manually starts these guys, at different times, because he likes the control? Am I wrong?

What appears to have happened in this case, Rick saw 3 bulbs on, waited over a second, then turned on autostart. Does he then raise his arm in the air when he thinks the tree will flash? Thus, he acts like he is turning on all the ambers?

Do we have any starters out there? From an ease of labor viewpoint, why doesn't he just sit back, watch out for saftey issues, and turn on autostart after the cars are done with burnouts?

In this case, NHRA was right.
Don Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #13
76 RACER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting video on www.godragracing.com on the subject. Can you catch GA picking his seat for the movies as he is done for the day!
76 RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

As someone that has spent a lot of time in the control room at national events and knowing Jeff and the system, there is NO manual control going on.

Don't dream of conspiracies - it ain't happening. It works exactly as Grahm said. Once three lights are lit Rick flips the switch when ever he wants. Of course he's got his own rhythm, and as you can see his rhythm varies just a little. I have no idea what the hell he's doing with his arm. Playing a maestro maybe.

No matter - AFTER he flips the switch the computer takes over and that.....
is that. Period.

If the fourth light isn't lit within seven seconds that lane gets redlit.

I was stunned to hear Greg and his owner Mr. Black arguing about this. Simply amazing that seven years after this system was implemented a professional team didn't know the rule. No friggin way I thought.....but.....

Way!
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote