HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Evan Smith

Liked 94 Times in 4 Posts
Default Indy Tear Down Video

Here's a video I put together from the teardown barn at Indy. Please take a look at my channel, drop a few comments and Subscribe.

Thanks,

Evan
Old 09-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
midnightbluS10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Indy Tear Down Video

Did they scan anything like everyone was talking about?
midnightbluS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #3
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: Indy Tear Down Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbluS10 View Post
LOL.....Maybe the Factory Stock heads up bunch !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbluS10 View Post
Who ever started the rumor that anyone going to teardown would have their cylinder head scanned is still laughing at all the uproar it caused.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-15-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Thats a swell video !! How about a video of you when you got tossed from Indy ,and came to Englishtown points meet with your nice new valves on your heads on the table on friday !! and never put the car together to make a pass !! And went to the next race like you never missed a beat !! A real nice move indeed !! amnesia and stupidity will never cease to amaze me !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #6
Evan Smith

Liked 94 Times in 4 Posts

Well thank you for your comment Mr. No Name "Bubski". It's nice to criticize me and hide behind your keyboard. You're clearly bitter about my situation at Indy, which was over 10 years ago. Yes, I was tossed for valves being too big. I did not do the heads and failed to inspect the work of others. Ultimately, my fault. I came home, cut the valves, and put them back in the engine. It's true, I did not compete at E-town, that was my own decision. My engine was inspected, as requested by NHRA at Indy, and I assembled the engine at the track, but did not race. Not that I owe you or anyone else an explanation, but I was worn out from Indy and work and didn't want to rush putting it together. Being tossed at Indy sucked and I needed a break. I went to the next race, I believe it was Atco (I'm sure you have the details committed to memory) and ran well. What's the big deal?

So, I'll ask, what does my video have to do my being thrown out? It's not like I made a video of someone being found illegal and then publicized their misfortune. My video gave people an inside look into an interesting part of Class Racing, one very few people get to see. I would never try and benefit by someone being found illegal, that would be cruel and it's not my style to do that. One thing has nothing to do with the other. So what is stupid about making a video with the permission of NHRA and the racers involved? I really don't see your point other than to point out that I passed tech and didn't race.

Last edited by Evan Smith; 09-15-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Evan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #7
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts

I was at Indy this year and walked down to the barn each day. Took a few pics and really enjoyed the intensity of the competitors as they were put through their paces. Your video is greatly appreciated. In my opinion there are too many negative posts on this site and many are made by those who prefer to conceal their identity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2119.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	52109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2174.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	52110  
Tim H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #8
Lee Jordan (3223) A/S

Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

[QUOTE=Evan Smith;597713]Well thank you for your comment Mr. No Name "Bubski". It's nice to criticize me and hide behind your keyboard. You're clearly bitter about my situation at Indy, which was over 10 years ago. Yes, I was tossed for valves being too big. I did not do the heads and failed to inspect the work of others. Ultimately, my fault. I came home, cut the valves, and put them back in the engine. It's true, I did not compete at E-town, that was my own decision. My engine was inspected, as requested by NHRA at Indy, and I assembled the engine at the track, but did not race. Not that I owe you or anyone else an explanation, but I was worn out from Indy and work and didn't want to rush putting it together. Being tossed at Indy sucked and I needed a break. I went to the next race, I believe it was Atco (I'm sure you have the details committed to memory) and ran well. What's the big deal?

If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!! Like no one has ever pushed a rule to the limit. How silly of me...
Old 09-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #9
Chad Fergen

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Smith View Post
Here's a video I put together from the teardown barn at Indy. Please take a look at my channel, drop a few comments and Subscribe.

Thanks,

Evan
Cool Video Evan! Thanks for putting it together! I hope to get sent to that barn someday.
Chad Fergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #10
davidhuff

Liked 118 Times in 41 Posts

Great Video,and thanks for posting!
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked